No announcement yet.

Reflex Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex Training?

Any ideas for or knowledge of how to train your reflexes? And also anyone know some simple bob and weave and footwork training/drills for while at home?

Spar with fast people or pad work?

Comment

double end bag

Comment

I use this, throw it against the wall and it bounces another direction each time u throw it, i do it everyday for 20 minutes for 3 weeks now and i dont really notice much with boxing yet but outside i can sense notice things quicker

Comment

Slip bags etc are a waste of time, they move too slow and aren't like a punch

Best way to improve reflexes, head movement etc is to do drills with a partner wearing all your gloves headgear etc

ie: boxer a) throws a jab or a cross boxer b) slips it swap over

or a) throws a hook b) ducks it etc etc you get the idea

Comment

My Thai boxing trainer actually had me dodge tennis balls from a ball launcher in a fairy small room.

It works wonders.

In fact I'm pretty sure Anderson Silva does the same thing.

Comment

the best and most effective way wuld b sparring and technical mittwork

Comment

Originally posted by RightCross94 View Post
                Slip bags etc are a waste of time, they move too slow and aren't like a punch

Best way to improve reflexes, head movement etc is to do drills with a partner wearing all your gloves headgear etc

ie: boxer a) throws a jab or a cross boxer b) slips it swap over

or a) throws a hook b) ducks it etc etc you get the idea
                It isn't use for reflexes, its just something for you to get u in the habit of moving your head not how fast u can react to it or sum shii

Comment

spar with people better than you, you learn faster when your taking a beating

or juggle lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
                    spar with people better than you, you learn faster when your taking a beating
                    true, u wil never learn unless u get beat up real bad, all your reflex u never knew u had will come out.

Comment

Working...
                    X