shadowsfall86 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,169.16
Default Awesome fights that could have happened, but didn't

First few that come to my head that have some solid significance:

Hopkins-Toney in the 90's
Mayweather-Hamed in the late 90's or early 00's
Foreman-Tyson late 80's

A few that might not have been that great sounding to some, but I've always found interesting:

Tua-Tyson in the early 00's
Mayorga-Margarito around 2004
Roy Jones Jr. vs. Michalczewski

Add on
shadowsfall86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2017, 07:09 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,268,985.20
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Teˇfilo Stevenson versus Ali.

Bowe versus Lewis
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:29 PM #3
Appreciates All Styles

Quoted: 5343 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,606,744,290,162,246,156,288.00
Total Points: 2,606,744,290,162,246,156,288.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Terry Norris vs Julio Cesar Chavez.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 362 Post(s)
HandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond reputeHandsofIron has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,100,023,870.80

Trinidad-Mosley
HandsofIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27 AM #5
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,340,224.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Teˇfilo Stevenson versus Ali.

Bowe versus Lewis
In what way was Stevenson v Ali likely or "could have happened"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsfall86 View Post
First few that come to my head that have some solid significance:

Hopkins-Toney in the 90's
Mayweather-Hamed in the late 90's or early 00's

Foreman-Tyson late 80's

A few that might not have been that great sounding to some, but I've always found interesting:

Tua-Tyson in the early 00's
Mayorga-Margarito around 2004
Roy Jones Jr. vs. Michalczewski

Add on
I'm not sure if the two I've highlighted could ever have happened. By the times Hopkins was a relevant name at middleweight, Toney was basically fat and unable to make any sort of optimal weight and was already a cruiser by 97 lol

As for Hamed v Mayweather, it couldn't happen. Hamed was 5'4'' and at best an average sized featherweight whereas Mayweather at 5'8'' was a big super feather and by the time Mayweather got his name out there, with THAT marquee win over Corrales, Hamed was on his way out of the game.

Hamed v Marquez might be more realistically and Hopkins v Jones 2. Both fights didnt happen because someone didnt want it.
soul_survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:06 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,268,985.20
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
In what way was Stevenson v Ali likely or "could have happened"?

I'm not sure if the two I've highlighted could ever have happened. By the times Hopkins was a relevant name at middleweight, Toney was basically fat and unable to make any sort of optimal weight and was already a cruiser by 97 lol

As for Hamed v Mayweather, it couldn't happen. Hamed was 5'4'' and at best an average sized featherweight whereas Mayweather at 5'8'' was a big super feather and by the time Mayweather got his name out there, with THAT marquee win over Corrales, Hamed was on his way out of the game.

Hamed v Marquez might be more realistically and Hopkins v Jones 2. Both fights didnt happen because someone didnt want it.
There was an article about it, they were actually at one point going to fight, but the Cuban government wouldn't let it happen.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM #7
The Keed

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
NChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond reputeNChristo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 153,938,281,872,392,480.00
Total Points: 153,938,281,872,454,752.00
1st Gift, woop-woop! - Raider Monkz Keep up the good posts! - "Marvelous" for being a heavyweight in history section - led you're very underrated on these boards - -pound4pound- who only drinks one beer? have another - -pound4pound- 
Super poster - Monkz one for the road - led The History Sections Top Poster Award - Barnburner Yo man, how you doing? From that persecution of Sonny thread, I read something about you being annoyed at Jab, whats going on? hope everythings well, gift is for being one the most knowledgeable posters and a stand-up guy :fing02: - RubenSonny pastrano-johnson..meh...that was in black and white - -MAKAVELLI- 
For a great 2012!!!!! asshole - TartanSoldier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Barnburner Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Barnburner 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Barnburner Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Barnburner Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Barnburner Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Barnburner Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Barnburner 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Barnburner Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Barnburner Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Barnburner Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Barnburner Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Barnburner 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Barnburner Autism - Barnburner AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Barnburner Head and Neck Cancer - Barnburner Hepatitis C - Barnburner 

Myung Woo Yuh - Jung-Koo Chang would've been ****ing incredible.

Michael Spinks - Saad Muhammad, it would've been late in Saad's career and Spinks would've won but it could have been a war.

Last edited by NChristo; 02-06-2017 at 02:54 PM.
NChristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:03 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4821 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,266,889,318,107,591,213,056.00
Total Points: 2,290,929,612,907,592,286,208.00
Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley appreciate the green - -jose- 
cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 Real talk - jas 
war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Personal favorites I wanted to see

Pernell-Camacho
Lennox-Bowe
Foreman-Tyson
Duran-Pryor
Leonard-Pryor
Haggler-mccallum
Roy Jones-McClellan
Roy Jones-Eubanks
Roy Jones- benn
Roy Jones- Frankie liles
Toney-benn
Toney-Eubanks
Toney-McClellan
Roy Jones-Tyson
Calzaghe-froch
Carbajel-Ricardo Lopez
Marquez-morales
Gambia-Juanma Lopez
Mosley-Judah
Floyd-margarito
Sugar Adam Ali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:17 PM #9
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,340,224.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
There was an article about it, they were actually at one point going to fight, but the Cuban government wouldn't let it happen.
I know I read about it but I mean it was never more than a pipe dream. It couldn't happen considering the legality of the issues surrounding it.
soul_survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:16 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,200,686,531.16

a third fight between robinson and basilio
cerdan lamotta rematch
duran cervantanes
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
awesome, didn't, fights, happened

User Tag List