Old 03-20-2005, 02:21 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and11200 will become famous soon enoughand11200 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 22,930.00
Default Need some advice

Howdy y'all,

I recently wanted to get back into boxing. I used to box when I was about 11, just learning how to take hits and such. But now I'm 19, 6'5" and only about 190 pounds. I was told by a local trainer that given my height, my best bet would be to bulk up, and as he put it 'I'm gonna turn you into a f-ing tank!'. I just wanted to know if this was a good idea before I start packing on the pounds. I will of course be putting on muscle mass, and won't just be eating huge loads of food.

Also, what type of punches/punch comboc would y'all recommend for the folks with long arms?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Andy
and11200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-20-2005, 11:26 PM #2
Amateur

Echojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond reputeEchojaybird has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,457.00

Do what your trainer tells you. Hopefully he's an experienced trainer and knows what he's doing. You are light for your height, but that can mean a greater advantage in the lower weight classes.

As for the long arms... outboxing can be a good strategy, but figure out what works best for you.

Echo
Echojaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 AM #3
Orange and Blue for life

BadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 67,151.00

He's 190, looking to bulk up. He's gonna be a heavyweight, assuming his trainer is serious when he says he's going to bulk him up.

As far as combos, and such, go with what your trainer suggests.
BadMagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:51 AM #4
Main Daime

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,099,446.84

all about what your trainer says broham, we can give you advice but itll be remedial to what ur trainer can tell you
Dyl-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:13 AM #5
Up and Comer

jeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond reputejeffmills has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,696.06

Quote:
Also, what type of punches/punch comboc would y'all recommend for the folks with long arms?
Straight punches. develop a strong jab and learn to back it up with your right hand. And learn to move with your feet well and keep your opponent at the end of your punches.
jeffmills is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List