Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 AM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IcedBlood will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 62,253.44
Default Lost 9lbs over the weekend

As some of you know I've been trying to put on weight, even went and bought a weight gainer. Well before I started the bulk I weighed 10st4. After a couple of weeks of eating more food, using the weight gainer and intense training in the gym I weighed 10st11.

I went out on Saturday night and had a bit of a crazy one after eating very little on Saturday day. This then led to me eating very little on Sunday and feeling ill and weak until yesterday. Well anyway, before work on Monday I got up and weighed myself. 10st2. After one crazy weekend I weighed less that I had when I originally went on the bulk.

On Tuesday I started to eat properly again and this morning I weighed in at 10st8 I havent been to the gym since last Friday. I still don't feel up to it. It's going to have taken me a whole week to recover.

Just thought some of you may find this interesting.
IcedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-01-2009, 09:01 AM #2
Contender

UKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these partsUKBRAWLER is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 49,559.87

so? if you eat you put on weight..if you don't then you don't...so what?
UKBRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:04 AM #3
Contender

Losing 9lbs in 2 days is pretty extreme
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM #4
Contender

JayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond reputeJayCoe has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 57,650.30

Quote:
I went out on Saturday night and had a bit of a crazy one after eating very little on Saturday day. This then led to me eating very little on Sunday and feeling ill and weak until yesterday. Well anyway, before work on Monday I got up and weighed myself. 10st2. After one crazy weekend I weighed less that I had when I originally went on the bulk.
This weight difference would be explained by the following either or both dehydration and thus water weight loss, notably from the alcohol. AND/OR times in which you weighed yourself, alongside whether you were wearing clothes and what clothes (heavy jeans or joggers). If you weighed yourself in the morning one time and then at night another there would be a good few lb difference, as in the morning you tend to be lightest.

If I weighed myself one night, after having eaten dinner, wearing jeans and then weighed myself the following morning wearing only my boxers, at a guess the difference would be 5lb or so, easy. Doesn't mean i've actually lost any weight.

So either you DIDN'T lose the weight as you believe (which makes most sense considering within a few days you gained a quite a few lbs ) or you're ill.

You CANNOT actually lose 9lbs in 2 days, it's roughly estimated that somebody on a good weigh losing plan can lose 2-3lbs a WEEK, maximum. Like I said, the weight you lost would have been mostly water or a reflection on the differences between the weighing. If you think i'm wrong then go to a Dr. because if I am wrong, you're pretty ill.

P.S those weight gains are usually bollocks. The cheaper ones where you get about 5KG for £25 are nigh-on unhealthy, also leading to poor digestion and stomach cramps. You're better on increasing food intake and drinking plenty of wholesome milk. It takes a little more to do than the bulking up shakes but it's definitely better for you, and more effective. The best shakes are the lean protein shakes, these are more expensive. Roughly £25 for 2kg or so. I never bother with shakes though, used to but I don't think they're really that beneficial.

Last edited by JayCoe; 10-01-2009 at 10:48 AM.
JayCoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM #5
Banned

Sαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 586,640.44
Total Points: 653,019.27
death to all chelsea fans! - Mr. Green death to all greasy greeks like clegg! - Mr. Green arsenal rules all! - Mr. Green cats don't taste good. - Mr. Green rich loc is a virgin - Mr. Green 
get it cut. it'll make it look bigger. - Mr. Green eat all you can cunt - yeks some popcorn fatboy - Makavelli don't stop til' u get enough fat boy.. - yeks Chow - Little Mac 
You're an awesome white boy. Have some beer with your popcorn...lol. - Chups To further fukk up your grill. - street bully Bully likes good beer. - street bully Enjoy the Popcorn santa - -PlaT_NuM- What the fuck!  Santa is supposed to get cookies. - ABOSWORTH 
Have another cookie, Santa!! - ABOSWORTH Sorry, don't have any milk but have another cookie. - ABOSWORTH Don't forget me on Christmas, Santa! - ABOSWORTH Thanks for the present.  I'll wait until Christmas to open it.  Meanwhile, have another cookie. - ABOSWORTH How's Mrs. Claus? - ABOSWORTH 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Merseyside Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Hard Dick 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedBlood View Post
Losing 9lbs in 2 days is pretty extreme
Lol, I lose 2 stone having my morning turd.
Sαntα is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 AM #6
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,064,006.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jоnįs View Post
"Drop a stone in the morning", in the parlance of our times.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,105.62

Quote:
Useless post.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM #8
Contender

Jaycoe, when I weigh myself i weigh myself in the morning in my boxers, I know about all the factors so try to cut as many of them out as possible. I'm definitely putting it down to water loss. It wasn't so much drinking at the weekend as drug abuse which I think has a bigger affect on water loss. The amount of sweating from dancing for 4-5 hours and then the loss in appetite for several days after is unbelieveable. I didn't buy a cheap weight gainer, havent suffered stomach cramps, and I use it basically as a subsititue for food in between meals. I usually woudn't eat anything between my breakfast and my break in work (at 11am) but with this drink I've been taking it at 10am so there is definitly a greater protein intake which I couldn't have had before. I also take it after a workout.

What you've said is definitely true, I know your right cause as I've said I've put alot of the weight back on. Cheers for the detailed reply.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM #9
Banned

Sαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond reputeSαntα has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 586,640.44
Total Points: 653,019.27
death to all chelsea fans! - Mr. Green death to all greasy greeks like clegg! - Mr. Green arsenal rules all! - Mr. Green cats don't taste good. - Mr. Green rich loc is a virgin - Mr. Green 
get it cut. it'll make it look bigger. - Mr. Green eat all you can cunt - yeks some popcorn fatboy - Makavelli don't stop til' u get enough fat boy.. - yeks Chow - Little Mac 
You're an awesome white boy. Have some beer with your popcorn...lol. - Chups To further fukk up your grill. - street bully Bully likes good beer. - street bully Enjoy the Popcorn santa - -PlaT_NuM- What the fuck!  Santa is supposed to get cookies. - ABOSWORTH 
Have another cookie, Santa!! - ABOSWORTH Sorry, don't have any milk but have another cookie. - ABOSWORTH Don't forget me on Christmas, Santa! - ABOSWORTH Thanks for the present.  I'll wait until Christmas to open it.  Meanwhile, have another cookie. - ABOSWORTH How's Mrs. Claus? - ABOSWORTH 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Merseyside Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Hard Dick 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Useless post.
On commenting on my useless post, you yourself have also produced a useless post.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Sαntα is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 PM #10
Contender

Quote:
On commenting on my useless post, you yourself have also produced a useless post.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
You my son, are an idiot.

^^^ Useless Post ^^^

Last edited by IcedBlood; 10-01-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Share This With Friends

Tags
9lbs, lost, weekend

User Tag List