Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 09-22-2009, 07:46 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
g0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 64,393.39
Default Shadowboxing Vid

just got off of a nasty cold and decided to finally get a shadowboxing vid up. Its been a while and i didnt even get to review it after i recorded hah because i was in a rush to just get it up and get out the door. any comments and suggestions please post up. Thanks all. im posting it right when it uploads so if it doesnt show up for a min or 2 youtube hasnt approved it yet.

yeh im a little square lol i know but so is rjj but oh well.
g0tcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Stoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond reputeStoppage has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 163,038.62

Pretty good. You seem like a fighter who keeps his defense very tight.

Btw, what's your height/weight?
Stoppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 PM #3
Banned

We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,486.22
Total Points: 444,355.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tcha View Post
just got off of a nasty cold and decided to finally get a shadowboxing vid up. Its been a while and i didnt even get to review it after i recorded hah because i was in a rush to just get it up and get out the door. any comments and suggestions please post up. Thanks all. im posting it right when it uploads so if it doesnt show up for a min or 2 youtube hasnt approved it yet.

yeh im a little square lol i know but so is rjj but oh well.
I'd consider you someone in-between a beginner-intermediate level boxer, if not a full-blown intermediate level experience.

BTW, Do you have any fights under your belt already? The only way we'll see how much you've picked up is seeing you in a sparring session or an actual bout.
We want Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 PM #4
Contender

g0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud of

Thx for replies. I'm actually headin to a call back interview tomorrow so hopefully I get that job and I'm financially in a better situation. Im going to get my ass in a real gym after that and get some much needed training from qualified trainers. Hopefully can get some smokers/sparring/amateur fights. I'll most def get some sparring vids up here when I ge there. Thanks again.

I'm 5'7/8 145-150 about 10-13%bf put on 5-10lbs of muscle in the passed 3 months.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM #5
Banned

Alexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond reputeAlexandros has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 526,907.92
Total Points: 601,729.46
A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler Anting-Anting! - JM1 Here homey. You need some food - mangler LIBOG :D - happy_man Soft drink for ya homey - mangler 
Have a brew on me homey - mangler 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

u need to extend the jab a bit straiten it and do u shadow box a bit faster dont 4get to bob and weave.
Alexandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM #6
Up and Comer

K Larsen is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 7,185.03

Hahaha, hey you actually reminded me a bit of tyson when he used to shadow box. You watch alot of his videos?
K Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:32 PM #7
Contender

yeah i watch a lot of training vids and fighting vids and thats how i pickup stuff. i take different tools from different fighters and try and learn and make it my into my own type of punch or movement. like the combo tyson throws. a right hook to the body from mid to inside range and then a right uppercut. a lot of fighters tend to do it slow or just throw either or when if done in combo would land effectively. the style i fight with is the techniques and tools that ive picked up from other fighters and i put them together along with some basics to makeup what i like to do.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 AM #8
Contender

austinlarg will become famous soon enoughaustinlarg will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 24,824.89

Just watched some of it. Heres a few things.

You always move to your left after a combo. Switch it up. Also, those cute little uppercut flurries you throw look nice but do nothing when you actually spar. Shadowbox like your actually boxing. Think of what you would really throw...not what looks cute to everyone.
austinlarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 AM #9
Contender

lol cute. i like that hah. ive used it sparring before but obviously it wont look exactly like that because of gloves and movement but i throw it with footwork moving forward after a quick setup with a jab or so and finish with a hook up top. Kinda how sugar ray leonard throws his shoeshine. he's one of the only boxers ive seen really use it effectively in the ring. appreciate the tips and comments but that was a little over a round of shadowboxing not multiple. that was just a doing whatever. i was moving my feet slipping bobbing and weaving circling out and countering. didnt really plan on looking like the pro boxer that ofcourse everyone knows that i am hah. thanks again all for the comments and input.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 AM #10
Shhhh...

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,760,131,955,289,276.25
Total Points: 1,810,162,188,471,620.50
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Hey man, good stuff. As you already know, try and get to a gym and get some training, but one thing you should fix now is this: When you are throwing your uppercut, you are bringing your chin to the side and up into the air with it. If you throw your right uppercut and some counters over the top with their right it is absolutely lights out for you mate. Same with the left hand.

Break that habit now.

Every punch you throw, try to bring your chin down, not to the side or up. Especially with an uppercut because they can be quite easy to counter if you are not right up inside.

Also, try to keep moving your feet continuously. Don't move a little, throw a combo, then stop and relax and get set again. Remember that you shadowbox like you fight.

Last edited by BennyST; 09-26-2009 at 05:34 AM.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
shadowboxing

User Tag List