Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
KingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond reputeKingTito has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,535,894,002,973.89
Total Points: 32,649,205,353,195.62
Keep up with the good posts!!!!!! - abosworth Good poster - Joshua Clottey for being a laker fan...salud - Makavelli Great Poster!! - jazluvr for rockin the Boza Edwards avi. - Tha Executioner 
mayorgas favorite food - sugarsmosley You speak the truth on Floyd, he is an insecure HATER - hectari 
Default Is anyone here a boxer, but smokes cigarettes?

I'm just curious. I know Ricardo Mayorga did.
KingTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 PM #2
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond reputeRiZo is Gay has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 61,091.44

Im far from professional,
Im down the gym five days a week,
doing cardio and weights and i do boxing three evenings a week,
i smoke 15-20 cigarettes a day
RiZo is Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 AM #3
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,060,568.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

I'm almost not professional, and haven't had any fights but I spar and train regularly. I smoke about 8-10 a day.

The only good thing I can think of when it comes to cigarettes is that it helps me to lose weight when I need to watch my diet.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM #4
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,367,314,386,478.64
Total Points: 2,367,314,407,879.71
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Started boxing at 14 and i smoked until i was 21, i had a couple of amature fights at 17-19. So yes its possible, but it sure is a disadvantage.

If you want to go anywhere with boxing you should stop that asap, but if you just want to train to get in better shape, do whatever you want.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:16 PM #5
Up and Comer

MonkeyEarMuffs will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 10,206.57

I know a few boxers that smoke. It's all about controlling how much you smoke vs. how much you work out. Ultimately all smoking is going to take a toll on your "wind" but if you do your roadwork and try to keep smoking at a minimum, you should be fine. Keep in mind that up till about the early 80's a huge amount of people smoked. IN the 50's something like 80 of the male population smoked at least casually, and you can bet your ass a lot of boxers smoked. In the 20's and 30's almost all guys smoked and I have read of champions who smoked quite a bit when they were not training for a bout.

I personally will smoke only on weekends and no more that 3 a day. I average about 4 or 5 smokes a week.
MonkeyEarMuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:30 PM #6
Contender

lilevil will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 33,537.18

if you are serious i recomend chew.
lilevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:35 AM #7
Amateur

Magician is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,808.16

There are actually nicottine electric cigarettes. Yes, I am not joking! I saw it at the mall, a stall where people were selling them.

Nothing harmful is in it and it produces no scent (a little bit of smoke tho for some reason? nothing staining or smelly). What is in the cigarette is nicottine (why you're addicted/loving cigarettes). Take advantage of technology and get one of these things.

Kinda lame and corny, but you'll feel better (you'll be smoking (artificially), be healthier and it'll be easier to train).
Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:06 PM #8
Interim Champion

Dynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Glove has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,628.32
Total Points: 53,737.75

You meatslaps have managed to find the single good thing about the training and nutrition forum, the discounts on title boxing, and sausage-slapped it up. Give yourselves a big pat on the head, you guys have been a real pantload.
Dynamite Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 PM #9
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,060,568.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Glove View Post
You meatslaps have managed to find the single good thing about the training and nutrition forum, the discounts on title boxing, and sausage-slapped it up. Give yourselves a big pat on the head, you guys have been a real pantload.
It is one thread in a forum that produces about 5 new threads on average, a day. On top of that, it is something different from the typical "I'm starting out, what weight should I be at" or "What foods should I eat to lose weight" thread that we see about 5 times a week.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 AM #10
Shhhh...

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,626,089,856,097,102.75
Total Points: 1,676,120,089,278,124.25
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Not when I was actually fighting, but training now still, I do. Maybe fifteen or so a day. Terrible ****ing habit, don't bother with it. Mayorga is not a good guy to think "Yeah, he can do it then so can I!" if that's what you're even thinking or anything....

It is quite a supremely stupid habit really, and I'm just waiting for the day that I actually want to give up. But, I can't ever see myself fighting again so it's not too much concern but I'll just have to make sure I'm done with it before anything health problems pop up.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxer, cigarettes?, smokes

User Tag List