Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-08-2005, 01:42 AM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
goin4speed will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,709.00
Default getting started

hi... i'm 20 years old and i've been very interested in boxing for most of my life. i have recently decided i would like to get started training and learning how to box. if anybody could give me some pointers on how to get started i would very much appreciate it. i would love to know the basics... such as: finding a decent gym, trainer, diet, lessons, training regimine, etc... any pointers would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much!
goin4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 AM #2
Up and Comer

ebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these partsebaum is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 15,719.00

Start running or doing cardio of some sort to get your stamina and endurance up, and when you get a diet decided on stick with it. all about dicapline so goodd luck.
ebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:21 PM #3
Orange and Blue for life

BadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond reputeBadMagick has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 67,757.00

Find a gym where you live, and join it.

Look for a gym with good equipment in it, and quite a bit of it, too. Make sure it has "more than just a heavy bag and a ring." Look for a trainer who works his fighters, and a gym with a lot of guys to spar with. Those will be the most important things.

Basically, it all comes down to you, and how willing you are to box, and train hard.

Good luck.
BadMagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM #4
Amateur

Lenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these partsLenny is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 12,400.00

Running, push-ups, pulling yourself up make you get started
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List