Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Latino Lounge

Old 09-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Rep Power: 146 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,750,008.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default Why is there so much corruption in Latin America?

This is the thing, I love my heritage but why are we ALL so fukin corrupt? Why do we always have that mistrust and negative attitude? What made me think of this was the George Lopez standup where he was talking about how negativity pushes the culture....

It was funny but somewhat true. There are so many resources in Latin America and those countries could do much better but we get greedy and take from those who can't defend themselves.

That's why no offense (and I say this with no offense) but I laugh when Puerto Ricans want to be independent of the U.S. That's insane!!

Look at a country like Venezuela for example. They have oil, beautiful country and someone like Chavez comes along and fuks **** up. Venezuela went from being one of the best countries in South America, to one of the worst. Crime is out of control and the poverty level is at 36%, higher than most in Latin America.

All because one man has gained too much power. We complain about the U.S but I think the system in the U.S is the closest thing to whats best for people because there are checks and balances. One man or one wing of govt doesn't have total control and that's something we might never see in Latin America and that might be the only answer to success.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Del Coqui
SAN JUAN

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27 Del Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 626,161,402.24
Total Points: 628,392,264.43
BORICUA!!!! - williamhvx1 a bet is a bet, gracias! - Perro have some San Miguel to our new superstar JML! - Papa Ace u da man!! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
WaR Cotto! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
This is the thing, I love my heritage but why are we ALL so fukin corrupt? Why do we always have that mistrust and negative attitude? What made me think of this was the George Lopez standup where he was talking about how negativity pushes the culture....

It was funny but somewhat true. There are so many resources in Latin America and those countries could do much better but we get greedy and take from those who can't defend themselves.

That's why no offense (and I say this with no offense) but I laugh when Puerto Ricans want to be independent of the U.S. That's insane!!
Look at a country like Venezuela for example. They have oil, beautiful country and someone like Chavez comes along and fuks **** up. Venezuela went from being one of the best countries in South America, to one of the worst. Crime is out of control and the poverty level is at 36%, higher than most in Latin America.

All because one man has gained too much power. We complain about the U.S but I think the system in the U.S is the closest thing to whats best for people because there are checks and balances. One man or one wing of govt doesn't have total control and that's something we might never see in Latin America and that might be the only answer to success.
FIRST OF ALL, GREAT TOPIC!!!!
Not all PRs want to be indepedent, there's a political party after that and they're a joke. Those who say Yankee go home, receive ss, Veterans, scholarships, Medicaid, loans or any other help from US, they are definitely hypocrites. US doesn't want PR to become a state, that's a fact, too much poverty, crime, etc and it would take US too much money to rebuild it plus PRs mentally are not ready to be a state. We are considered "los blanquitos del Caribe" because we're a commonwealth, not sure what to think of that.

As far as the title on Corruption in Latin America, bro corruption is EVERYWHERE, no exceptions.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Eric Holder
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Eric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,227,066.31
Total Points: 200,002,557,221.59
Long overdue, my nigg - mangler jr CabronSnatcher - Ch@mpBox@PR Sr. one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jack D Ripper 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardofpr View Post
Not all PRs want to be indepedent, there's a political party after that and they're a joke. Those who say Yankee go home, receive ss, Veterans, scholarships, Medicaid, loans or any other help from US, they are definitely hypocrites. US doesn't want PR to become a state, that's a fact, too much poverty, crime, etc and it would take US too much money to rebuild it plus PRs mentally are not ready to be a state. We are considered "los blanquitos del Caribe" because we're a commonwealth, not sure what to think of that.

As far as the title on Corruption in Latin America, bro corruption is EVERYWHERE, no exceptions.
that's true some countries just have more money to cover it up than others
Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 PM
NAPO
Business are Unfinish

Rep Power: 30 NAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond reputeNAPO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,938.51
Total Points: 10,005,467,114.97
The boss - mangler Cocktail hour bro - mangler A Victory Toast! - The Surgeon 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Childhood Cancer - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cabron View Post
Totally true.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:11 PM
RenovatioPR
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 RenovatioPR has a spectacular aura aboutRenovatioPR has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 111,010.30
Total Points: 112,057.33

Great post for starters...

Second of all El Cabron nailed it.... some countries just more money to cover it up.

Third , to further comment on what Gerardo said..... The political party that is pro-independence did not even got enough votes on the last elections to be cosidered a political party for the next elections, that on it self... says a lot.

And great point on Venezuela. Hugo did 2 things the wrong way, messing with the rich and kicking out Exxon or Chevron from there oil fields. He had some points in favor of doing something about that but he did, he did it in insane ways....... You just don't nationalize a corporation from some one because you want to and the person who fighted and worked for it getting there, get nothing. Or just kick one of the top companies who processes crude oil and then expect to bring someone else with less experience and get pissed when you find out your oil is the worst in the world because it is not been processed properly.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Aracibo04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Aracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 51,413,685.14
Total Points: 86,432,724.34
San Miguel from the PI. Cheers - JM1 pinoy rican - Naestro USA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardofpr View Post

I tell people that all the time, just because you don't see the corruption in a country like the US it does not mean it does not happen, the country is just too big and there is so much money to go around that it is easy to cover it up.

Have you heard anything about that guy that got caught in louisiana with hundreds of thousands of dollars in the freezer? no you have not heard about it anymore but it is corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cabron View Post
With regards to Latin America, it really has to do with lack of education I think. If there was a way to educate more people in our countries then people would know what their rights are and what flaws are in their political systems.

but the powers that be might now this already. Plus there is the illegal trade which provides money to those who can't get it any other way. I am sure many of those have their compadres in the gov.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Aracibo04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Aracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond reputeAracibo04 has a reputation beyond repute
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Regarding Puerto Rico,

Its only a matter of time until the congress gives us the boot from the union.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Section8Studios
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Section8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these partsSection8Studios is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,261.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

Don't be such a pinche pendejo guey,... the reason there's so much corruption is because the CIA eliminates any serious politician that wants to do good for his country and it's people, That's not good for the US and it's Coorperations that want to get their greedy filthy hands on our natural recources. If you look at the true history of Puerto Rico you'll realize that Puerto Rico was the Guinea pig for how the US will rape and pillage the rest of Latin America. The US took over the sugar industry in PR , experimented drugs on Puerto Ricans , assassinated our noble leaders, they sent Boricuas to the front lines of every US war since WW1 .
Puerto Rico could have been the Singapore of the caribbean with it's strategic location but thanks to the U.S it is a drug infested ****-hole.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Aracibo04
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8Studios View Post
Don't be such a pinche pendejo guey,... the reason there's so much corruption is because the CIA eliminates any serious politician that wants to do good for his country and it's people, That's not good for the US and it's Coorperations that want to get their greedy filthy hands on our natural recources. If you look at the true history of Puerto Rico you'll realize that Puerto Rico was the Guinea pig for how the US will rape and pillage the rest of Latin America. The US took over the sugar industry in PR , experimented drugs on Puerto Ricans , assassinated our noble leaders, they sent Boricuas to the front lines of every US war since WW1 .
Puerto Rico could have been the Singapore of the caribbean with it's strategic location but thanks to the U.S it is a drug infested ****-hole.
The above is true, now the US is slowly paying the price for the inequality it created during the first 50 years of the 20 th century.

But bro you can't deny the fact that the bad always comes with the good and vice versa. The US invested in Puerto Rico because by the end of the 1940's they had managed to destroy the internal economy and would be and were guilty of almost destroying the society. This investment is what made Puerto Rico what it is today. What I mean by that is even though there are serious problems in the island there is also more opportunity that in other latin american countries. The US had to do it because the were talking out of both sides of their mouth. Trying to seem to the world like they are the benefactors of the world while allowing corportate interest to rape the island. This is what really led to operation bootstrap.

There is good and bad in everything.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Texanballer
-Texan For Life-

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 50 Texanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond reputeTexanballer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,115,429,178.51
Total Points: 15,216,908,593.39
don't worry meng.......God exists - Chups Happy 18th Bday - Golden Boy 360 thx for the link doggie! - Sox8055 Thanks for the links, you da man! - Gift Of Gab Lucy  Pinder = The Real Deal! - Chunk 
Cheers to your graduation homey - mangler whenever i'm in texas a what-a-burger is necessary. - Ether Sandwich - ??? No Message - -veteran420- merry christmas!!! - shobox 
Merry Xmas - mangler Happy Birthday!! - Raider Monkz good poster - Old Coward war mexico - El Mustang Chicharito!!! - -Jack- 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier for pure awsomeness - dj emz Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy birfday - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Pico Hollywood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - ??? AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Merseyside 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Hacker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - fadan80 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - S a m u r a i World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - USA_Pugilist Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -veteran420- 
Send a message via AIM to Texanballer Send a message via MSN to Texanballer

Because Bolvia murdered Che Guevara

Share This With Friends

Tags
america?, corruption, latin

User Tag List