Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 02-27-2005, 11:24 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond reputecms has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,884.00
Default bruised tail bone

Guys , i bruised my tail bone on thur feb 24 i think. I prob wont be in the gym for another week or so and i was wondering if any of u all knew an exercise i could do to keep in some shape?
cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-28-2005, 12:17 PM #2
Contender

The Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond reputeThe Phantom Menace has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,805.00

do some running, squats, pushups.
The Phantom Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:39 PM #3
Up and Comer

DrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these partsDrDac is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 11,950.00

You have got to be very careful, exercises such as squats may irritate the injury further. While Running may aggravate it with the constant bouncing of the body up and down. How bad is your injury? I don't think you will suffer greatly performance wish taking a week or 2 off. When you get back into the routine again, just give yourself a couple days to warm up. You'll be good as you were before, and now with extra motivation to jump back into intense training do to the "training deprivation."

But, if you really want to work out some pushups, as phantom menace said, would work good. Shadowboxing, speedbag? If you have access to one of those "elliptical machines" (sp?) you could give one of them a try for a cardio workout, as they look pretty gentle with movement.

Jump rope could be aggravating. Definetly do not attempt any sort of situps.

I would just relax and enjoy a week vacation though.

Good Luck!
DrDac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:00 AM #4
Contender

itsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond reputeitsbusdriver has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,944.00

bro.. it depends how you treat your injury.. if its just "bruised" then its a hematoma(medical term for bruise) which is blood that has escaped the circulatory system and trapped within the skin.. im pretty sure you gots some swelling and tenderness going but thats all part of the inflammatory system... if you had your injury in ice for the first 24 hours(vasoconstricts vessels from more blood entering the site), followed by heat, you should be fine within a week or so.. but like DrDac said, you should just relax and enjoy a week of vacation.. you dont want to aggrivate the injury especially in the early stages(or in any stage of that matter).. so some extreme light workouts should be okay...
itsbusdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List