Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 07-05-2009, 09:26 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,568,015,645,127.00
Total Points: 7,569,015,983,211.98
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 
Default Joe Louis vs any great heavyweight

Seems to me as if no one rates Louis' head-to-head ability these days and that he is made out to be an underdog against just about any great heavyweight.

Which great heavyweights do you think he would be able to beat? Would you favour him over any post-early 1900's heavyweight?
TheGreatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-05-2009, 09:44 AM #2
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond reputeWhoreUs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 256,301.05
Total Points: 438,856.67

louis ko over frazier
louis ko over patterson
louis ud over johnson
louis ud over holyfield
louis ko over moorer

ali and holmes would decision him.
liston , tyson and foreman would ko him.
lewis , bowe and klitschkos are too big for him.
WhoreUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 AM #3
Banned

Slimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,709.46
One Of The Good Guys - Rocky... Good poster! - ~Tunney 

If Light Heavyweight Billy Conn dominated him, if Walcott a great boxer dominated him and got robbed, he got knocked down by everybody including BUMS like Galento..what makes you think he'd be so great against the best ever?

And now you're saying he's being underrated in these matchups while you and your clown posse pick him to beat ANYONE ever lived. Joke's on you lads.
Slimey Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,071,653.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimey Limey View Post
And now you're saying he's being underrated in these matchups while you and your clown posse pick him to beat ANYONE ever lived. Joke's on you lads.
I don't see anyone picking him to beat anyone who ever lived, I do see someone who doesn't seem to believe he could beat anybody though.
You obviously have a personal dislike for Louis and allow it to colour your opinions so it is impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with you.
GJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:00 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,568,015,645,127.00
Total Points: 7,569,015,983,211.98
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimey Limey View Post
If Light Heavyweight Billy Conn dominated him, if Walcott a great boxer dominated him and got robbed, he got knocked down by everybody including BUMS like Galento..what makes you think he'd be so great against the best ever?

Conn and Walcott hardly dominated him if they both ended up flat on the canvas for over 10 seconds.

I've always picked Ali to beat Louis but I argue against people who think Ali would beat him without question. Both have weaknesses that could be exploited.

I also stated that I would favour Foreman over Louis in a single match-up due to his overwhelming power and strength. Again, people tend to overlook Foreman's obvious flaws which could play right into Louis' hands.

Here's a short video I've made of Louis quickly taking a look at his strengths and weaknesses:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
07:00
TheGreatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Conn and Walcott hardly dominated him if they both ended up flat on the canvas for over 10 seconds.
You could as easily forward the Conn argument in the Mariano v Walcott 1 fight. Last man standing wins, end of broadcast.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 AM #7
And You And I

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
StarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond reputeStarshipTrooper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,651,465,371,169,987.75
Total Points: 1,651,465,371,173,366.50
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Seems to me as if no one rates Louis' head-to-head ability these days and that he is made out to be an underdog against just about any great heavyweight.

Which great heavyweights do you think he would be able to beat? Would you favour him over any post-early 1900's heavyweight?
It may well be a "generational" thing. There are lots of posters who have a line drawn in time and they tend to discount any fighter who fought prior to that point in time. Just where that line is drawn varies from poster to poster but as a general guideline the younger the poster is the closer to the present time that line is usually drawn.

This is different from a poster like Slimey Limey aka JulioCesa(r)Chavez aka Rafael Benitez: He's just a troll and an attention whore who hasn't figured out yet everybody laughs at him.

Poet
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,042,842.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
I don't see anyone picking him to beat anyone who ever lived, I do see someone who doesn't seem to believe he could beat anybody though.
You obviously have a personal dislike for Louis and allow it to colour your opinions so it is impossible to have a reasonable balanced discussion with you.
That's about the strength of it mate....

A retard, who power walks through his neibourhood holding a can of white lightning while screaming abuse & spitting everywhere...
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
That's about the strength of it mate....

A retard, who power walks through his neibourhood holding a can of white lightning while screaming abuse & spitting everywhere...
Me or him?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 AM #10
Banned

Slimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimey Limey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,709.46
One Of The Good Guys - Rocky... Good poster! - ~Tunney 

Quote:
Of cource you don't see it because you're blind to every fact that you don't like to hear.
I didn't say Louis wouldn't beat "anybody". He'd simply lose to most of the ATG's based on what I've seen from his fights. He's overrated.
I don't have a personal dislike for Louis himself, I have one for his fans who act as if he was this flawless invincible God who couldn't do anything wrong. Even with the worst possible styles mismatch you got morons who think he'd win. And those are mostly strawman arguments.

Like I said before, take off your so called Marciano fan mask and bend over in the Louis crowd where you belong.

Quote:

I've always picked Ali to beat Louis but I argue against people who think Ali would beat him without question. Both have weaknesses that could be exploited.

I also stated that I would favour Foreman over Louis in a single match-up due to his overwhelming power and strength. Again, people tend to overlook Foreman's obvious flaws which could play right into Louis' hands.

Here's a short video I've made of Louis quickly taking a look at his strengths and weaknesses:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
07:00
So he finally caught a Light heavyweight and knocked him out after being completely dominated. As if that's something to be proud of.
And Louis never knocked out Walcott in the first fight. He was dominated there as well and was robbed.
Schmeling also slapped around and made Louis quit the first time.
Not to mention all the bums who hurt him and knocked him down.

All of this is a lot of stuff that shows Louis' was very vulnerable. Most of the ATG's took nowhere near this amount of abuse. He simply doesn't fair well in head to head matchups. like I said before, he's better off in a greatness argument because atleast he has consistency.

Quote:
Me or him?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
You and him both.
Slimey Limey is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
great, heavyweight, louis

User Tag List