Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 AM #1
Undisputed Youtube King

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 883,069.55
Total Points: 1,148,587.17
rooster4life rules!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Legend - kiDynamite92 
Default Who Is Boxings Best Role-Model?

If you had to choose one man to be the icon of our sport who would it be?

Personally i cant go past Joe Louis, He was a humble man and one of the greatest. But id like to hear other names and opinions.
0Rooster4Life0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-02-2009, 03:47 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,022,353.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
If you had to choose one man to be the icon of our sport who would it be?

Personally i cant go past Joe Louis, He was a humble man and one of the greatest. But id like to hear other names and opinions.
Past: Louis & Ali.. Although Ali was controversal, he captivated the publics imagination..

Present: Wlad & Pac.. Are great ambasadors for the sport..
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 AM #3
66-6-11 (51KOS)

CCobra will become famous soon enoughCCobra will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,091.36

Louis was a breath of fresh air due to the previous 'black Heavyweight champion of the world' - Jack Johnson. Louis was an excellent ambassador and truly represented the humble man.

Currently I'd say that Shane Mosley was an excellent role model. He doesn't get the same attention that the likes of Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hatton and De La Hoya have received over the past couple of years but he is a man who will fight anyone, anytime and is a polite and well-spoken man. I just wish the general fan knew him more.
CCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:39 AM #4
Undisputed Youtube King

0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute0Rooster4Life0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 883,069.55
Total Points: 1,148,587.17
rooster4life rules!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Legend - kiDynamite92 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCobra View Post
Louis was a breath of fresh air due to the previous 'black Heavyweight champion of the world' - Jack Johnson. Louis was an excellent ambassador and truly represented the humble man.

Currently I'd say that Shane Mosley was an excellent role model. He doesn't get the same attention that the likes of Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hatton and De La Hoya have received over the past couple of years but he is a man who will fight anyone, anytime and is a polite and well-spoken man. I just wish the general fan knew him more.

I agree.

Mosley is a great guy, and a truely great fighter , We need more people like him in the spotlight.
0Rooster4Life0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,084,402.20
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Role models and icons are very seldom the same thing. Icons like ALi, Tyson or even Louis have had drugs problems (not Ali), womanising problems, have not been good husbands to their wives.

As a perfect, clean living, hard working role model for youngsters everywhere Lennox Lewis takes some beating, the latter day George Foreman too. Gene Tunney is another good heavyweight example from the past.

Shane Mosley will have the illegal substance thing tainting his image (that said I dont believe he would have knowingly cheated).

Hardly an icon of the sport but ex Super Middleweight champ Ritchie Woodhall comes across as one of the nicest chaps you could ever meet who was hard working, lives a good clean life and is a family man.
Sugarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 AM #6
WAR MAGEE!!!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,429,259,570,125,348.00
Total Points: 21,429,259,570,273,376.00
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

out of all the present day fighters i'd say Pac, he's humble, fights pretty much anyone, is always in great shape, is a national hero, and is only in the headlines for the right reason. He's also great to watch, which gives him a big edge over Wlad and Vitali.
gingeralbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,084,402.20
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Yea Pac is a good choice. Granted I gather he has had a few rumblings with Asian **** stars, one reportedly before facing Eric Moralles. But that aside he has some great role model like qualities.
Sugarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,022,353.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post
Role models and icons are very seldom the same thing. Icons like ALi, Tyson or even Louis have had drugs problems (not Ali), womanising problems, have not been good husbands to their wives.

As a perfect, clean living, hard working role model for youngsters everywhere Lennox Lewis takes some beating, the latter day George Foreman too. Gene Tunney is another good heavyweight example from the past.

Shane Mosley will have the illegal substance thing tainting his image (that said I dont believe he would have knowingly cheated).

Hardly an icon of the sport but ex Super Middleweight champ Ritchie Woodhall comes across as one of the nicest chaps you could ever meet who was hard working, lives a good clean life and is a family man.
Spot on with Ritchie.. I was gonna mention him myself, but didn't want all the ATG nuthuggers on my case.... Good match angler to... Tunney & Foreman are good calls also.
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 PM #9
WAR MAGEE!!!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,429,259,570,125,348.00
Total Points: 21,429,259,570,273,376.00
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post
Yea Pac is a good choice. Granted I gather he has had a few rumblings with Asian **** stars, one reportedly before facing Eric Moralles. But that aside he has some great role model like qualities.
u say it like its a bad thing!
gingeralbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

S.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond reputeS.G. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 569,671.92
Good guy, good poster. - S a m u r a i My brother S.G., time for another gift. - S a m u r a i Underrated poster - ASH KETCHUM You have the Musical Ear - Stone Roses! 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Kevin Jesus Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I'd say Foreman. The way he changed his image could be very inspirational for some no doubt
S.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxings, role-model?

User Tag List