|07-01-2009, 12:36 AM||#1|
Rankings tourny - top 64: Heavyeight
Using boxrecs top 64 heavyweights all time I've formed tournament. Agree or disagree?
1. ali vs 64. Jack Renault Ali UD
2. Joe Louis vs 63. Ron Lyle Louis by Tko
3. Jack Johnson vs 62. Bob Pasture Johnson UD
4. Floyd Patterson vs 61. Bob Satterfield Patterson by Tko
5. Harry Wills vs 60. Fireman Jim Flynn Wills by Tko.
6. Ezzard Charles vs 59. Lee Q. Murray Charles by UD
7. Larry Holmes vs 58. Tony Galento Holmes Tko
8. Sam Langford vs 57 Oscar Bonavena Langford UD
9. Joe Frazier vs 56. Gunboat Smith Frazier by Ko
10. Marciano vs 55. Frank Bruno Marciano UD
11. Sonny Liston vs 54. Elmer Ray Liston by ko
12. Lennox Lewis vs 53. Jimmy Young Lewis by MD
13. Mike Tyson vs 52. Harold Carter Tyson by ko
14.Max Schmeling vs 51. Fred Fulton Schmeling UD
15. Marvin Hart vs 50. Tim Witherspoon Witherspoon by Tko
16. Jimmy Bivins vs 49.Joe Bugner Bivins UD
Ok, here is half of the first round and my predicted outcome. Second half to come later.
Last edited by JAB5239; 07-01-2009 at 12:53 AM.
|07-01-2009, 01:04 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quoted: 627 Post(s)Rep Power: 167
Total Points: 136,948,198,100,470,912.00
Interesting thread. The one in particular that I have a viewpoint on is Bruno-Marciano, where my prediction differs from yours.
I don't think a decision win for Marciano is likely. I guess my main reason for not expecting it to go the distance is that Frank did have stamina problems, and faded late even in what I consider to be his best performance (vs McCall, the only time he ever went the full 12 rounds). His punch resistance was not great either.
I can see Bruno out boxing Marciano early on before getting caught with something that turns things around (similar to his fight with Lennox Lewis) leading to a KO for Rocky.
I think that Bruno had good skills. He was technically solid and at his best he worked his jab very well. I think that if Marciano went for the KO early, there's a good chance that Bruno would land something that might make Rocky decide to take a less risky approach.
I think Marciano would be kept on the outside, but would patiently bide his time, and take his opportunity when he saw something he could exploit. Sadly, Bruno did not react well when caught flush, and the first time that he got hurt would probably be the last, as Marciano was not the type to let someone off the hook.
Just my opinion of course, and as a Bruno fan maybe I'm overrating his skills, but that's the way I see the fight going.
|07-01-2009, 01:28 AM||#3|
17. George Foreman vs 48. Arturo Godoy Foreman by ko
18. Jack Sharkey vs 47. Tom Sharkey 47 Tom Sharkey by SD
19. Jim Jeffries vs 46. Jim Braddock Jeffries by ko
20. Sam McVey vs 45. Charlie Wienhart McVey by UD
21. Ingamar Johanson vs 44. Jimmy Ellis Ellis by UD
22. Joe Jeanette vs 43. Earnie Terrell Terrell by UD
23. Ken Norton vs 42. Bob Baker Norton by tko
24. Jack Dempsey vs 41. George Godfrey Dempsey by ko
25. Max Baer vs 40. Nino Valdes Baer by tko
26. Joe Choynski vs 39. Primo Carnerra Carnera by ko
27. Jersey Joe Walcott vs 38. Gerrie Coetzee Walcott by UD
28. Eddie Machen vs 37. Micheal Dokes Dokes by SD
29. Peter Maher vs 36. Jerry Quarry Quarry by UD
30. Henry Cooper vs 35. Gus Ruhlin Ruhlin by TD
31. Mike Weaver vs 34. Al Kaufman Weaver by UD
32. Tommy Burns vs 33. Zora Folley Folley by UD
|07-01-2009, 01:37 AM||#4|
|07-01-2009, 02:29 AM||#5|
1. Ali vs 33. Folley Ali by ko
2. Louis vs 34. Weaver Louis by ko
3. Johnson vs 35. Ruhlin Johnson by UD
4. Patterson vs 36 Quarry Patterson by UD
5. Wills vs 37. Dokes Wills by UD
6. Charles vs 27. Walcott Charles bt UD
7. Holmes vs 39. Carnera Holmes by Tko
8. Langford vs Baer Langford by ko
9. Frazier vs 24. Dempsey Frazier by tko
10. Marciano vs 23. Norton Marciano by ko
11. Liston vs 43. Terrell Liston by ko
12. Lewis vs 44. Ellis Lewis by tko
13. Tyson vs 20. McVey Tyson by tko
14. Schmeling vs 19. Jeffries Jeffries by ko
50. Witherspoon vs 47. Tom Sharkey Witherspoon by tko
16. Bivins vs 17. Foreman Foreman by ko
|07-01-2009, 02:51 AM||#6|
1. Ali vs 17. Foreman Ali by ko
2. Louis vs 50. Witherspoon Louis by UD
3. Johnson vs 19. Jeffries Johnson by UD
4. Patterson vs 13. Tyson Tyson by ko
5. Wills vs 12. Lewis Lewis by ko
6. Charles vs 11. Liston Liston by ko
7. Holmes vs 10. Marciano Holmes UD
8. Langford vs 9. Frazier Frazier by tko
Last edited by JAB5239; 07-01-2009 at 04:00 AM.
|07-01-2009, 02:56 AM||#7|
1. Ali vs 9. Frazier Ali UD
2. Louis vs Holmes Louis by UD
3. Johnson vs 11. Liston Johnson by UD
13. Tyson vs 12. Lewis Lewis by tko
|07-01-2009, 02:59 AM||#8|
1. Ali vs 12. Lewis Ali by UD
2. Louis vs 3. Johnson Louis by SD
|07-01-2009, 03:13 AM||#10|
Fredette About It
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quoted: 0 Post(s)Rep Power: 37
Total Points: 3,314,988,028.45
i think Ali would have outboxed Joe to be honest. I woulda been pulling for Louis but I don't think he would have been able to get to Ali with enough to stop him, especially with how good Ali's chin was.
|Share This With Friends|
|heavyeight, rankings, tourny|