Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 06-22-2009, 12:38 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
black.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,226,213,350,252,404.00
Total Points: 9,226,213,350,285,706.00
tua likes burgers! - Left Hook Tua nice rap mate!! - -veteran420- Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad No Message - -jose- 
Default Zarate-Pintor Scorecard

I don't want to really get into detail about the fight itself, in which i had Zarate win 9 rounds to 6 (plus a KD in the 4th), but can anybody explain the 145-133 scorecard in Zarate's favour?

Pintor winning was a suprise itself, but what was that score all about?
black.ink is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,134,726,151.98
Total Points: 3,145,033,548.24
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.ink View Post
I don't want to really get into detail about the fight itself, in which i had Zarate win 9 rounds to 6 (plus a KD in the 4th), but can anybody explain the 145-133 scorecard in Zarate's favour?

Can only remember this vaguely...
Do recall the odd score, but am at a loss, as to why..
Can only put it down to the worm in the Tequila..lol

Both Zarate & Pintor could really bang though...
Pintor's a real gent.. Has made several trips of pilgramidge to the family of Johnny Owen (who died after challenging him) He gets my respect for sure....
mickey malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM #3
Banned

black.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond reputeblack.ink has a reputation beyond repute
tua likes burgers! - Left Hook Tua nice rap mate!! - -veteran420- Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad No Message - -jose- 

I'm still puzzled to know how a frail looking Johnny Owen with his delicate skull sustained so much punishment throughout his career. Pintor was the first to knock him down in his career in the 9th round and then the catastrophe later hit.

It's great to know Owen's family do not hold Pintor at blame, and invited him to unveil a statue of Johnny in Wales.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:38 PM #4
Not the Critic who Counts

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
TredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTredKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,324,428,380.50
Total Points: 7,324,744,313.04
beer on me bro - El Mustang TV, for all the videos we posted. - blaze778 Happy 420 my brotha. Have some ice cream. - blaze778 I'm digging your sig! Who's dat? - jose830 Thanks, big pimp. These hoes are for everybody. Keep ballin g. - Anxious Times 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TredKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Demise Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - siablo14 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Pintor is a very underrated fighter,
have you guys ever seen pintor vs. gomez,
one of the greatest fights i everseen,
and it was on the undercard od hearns vs benitez
TredKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TredKiller View Post
Pintor is a very underrated fighter,
have you guys ever seen pintor vs. gomez,
one of the greatest fights i everseen,
and it was on the undercard od hearns vs benitez
Gomez/Pintor is one of my fave fights of all time. Both were bangers but Gomez was undestructable.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:08 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Gomez/Pintor is one of my fave fights of all time. Both were bangers but Gomez was undestructable.
Until he met Salvador Sanchez that is...
Pintor Gomez was the nuts though....
Old 06-22-2009, 04:19 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I'm still puzzled to know how a frail looking Johnny Owen with his delicate skull sustained so much punishment throughout his career. Pintor was the first to knock him down in his career in the 9th round and then the catastrophe later hit.

It's great to know Owen's family do not hold Pintor at blame, and invited him to unveil a statue of Johnny in Wales.
Yeah.... He was a freak of nature alright... And one of the fundamental reasons title fights were reduced to 12 rounds.. He'd done pretty well in a losing performance until tragedy struck in the 14th.. Or was it the 13th? Doooooow!
Not so long ago , someone posted a thread asking who the tallest/lightest AT boxer was.. I immediatelly quoted Owen (a 5'9" bantam) However, after doing some research, it turned out to be Willie Pep (the more recent Canadian FW contender) who was an incredible 6'1"...
Pintor (bless him) is still good friends of the Owen family to this day....

Last edited by mickey malone; 06-23-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:42 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute1SILVA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 228,442.87
Great job on my assignment. Here's another book for your collection. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:

Zarate was completely robbed in that fight. He won at least 10 rounds and knocked Pintor down. Zarate was so upset he immediately retired
1SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 AM #9
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
boxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these partsboxxerr is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,382.92

That brings the scorecards into play. In addition to all the other ... In a 1979 fight between Carlos Zarate and Lupe Pintor, Pintor won by one point on two ...url=http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application.aspx?appId=173764702012]
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
[/url]
boxxerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
scorecard, zarate-pintor

User Tag List