Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 11:37 AM #1
LVBoxer1 LVBoxer1 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 86
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
LVBoxer1 is on a distinguished road
Points: 11,412.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,412.14
Default Newb to Boxing, Sorta. Questions

So, yes, im new here ha.

Im starting to pick up boxing, and have been working out at the gym/basement for about 4-5 months now. Working on getting my cardio up, and overall better shape/toughness.

In my basement, I have a heavy bag, Speedbag, bench, tredmill and curling bars at my hand. What im trying to do, is get on a strict workout plan. A set out plan for everyday of the week. Right now i just do what I feel like doing, which is good, that Im even working out, but i like orginization lol.

I run about 2.5 miles a day, and always try to push myself more. I run with gloves on, and a ball hanging in front, and kinda spar with the bag, and practice weaving it. This helpful? I figure itll improove my balance and accuracy.

Whats good suppliments/vitamins to take? Right now I take the Animal Pak. It def makes me more energized, but is this all I need?

Im 21, about 5'8, 140lbs, Est. 72" Reach. Im giving it 3 more months, to see how much mass I put on/lose, and set for a target weight then.

Also, I plan on joining this local gym/boxing gym soon. There giving me two free classes. is there something I should look for, to see if there worth my money? I want to eventually compete.

In overall, just give me good tips to make me push myself, to be all I can be
LVBoxer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-17-2009, 11:40 AM #2
-PedoBear- -PedoBear- is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,373
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute-PedoBear- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,887.54
Bank: 49,600.80
Total Points: 66,488.34
Cheers. - ABOSWORTH for being a beacon of truth - JACK D. RIPPER 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default

-PedoBear- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM #3
Cuauhtémoc1520 Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline
Head Mexican in Charge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: La Chingada
Posts: 26,348
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Rep Power: 146
Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 301,840.72
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,713,245.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBoxer1 View Post
So, yes, im new here ha.

Im starting to pick up boxing, and have been working out at the gym/basement for about 4-5 months now. Working on getting my cardio up, and overall better shape/toughness.

In my basement, I have a heavy bag, Speedbag, bench, tredmill and curling bars at my hand. What im trying to do, is get on a strict workout plan. A set out plan for everyday of the week. Right now i just do what I feel like doing, which is good, that Im even working out, but i like orginization lol.

I run about 2.5 miles a day, and always try to push myself more. I run with gloves on, and a ball hanging in front, and kinda spar with the bag, and practice weaving it. This helpful? I figure itll improove my balance and accuracy.

Whats good suppliments/vitamins to take? Right now I take the Animal Pak. It def makes me more energized, but is this all I need?

Im 21, about 5'8, 140lbs, Est. 72" Reach. Im giving it 3 more months, to see how much mass I put on/lose, and set for a target weight then.

Also, I plan on joining this local gym/boxing gym soon. There giving me two free classes. is there something I should look for, to see if there worth my money? I want to eventually compete.

In overall, just give me good tips to make me push myself, to be all I can be
There's only so much you can do with yourself as far as boxing technique and training. Cardio you can do on your own if you can push yourself. Jumping rope, running, hitting the bag etc are ways to keep your cardio but actually learning boxing, there's only so much you can do in your own gym.

eventually I would recommend going to a boxing gym and getting professional instruction and interaction with other fighters so you can eventually spar, which is the best thing for you.
Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 PM #4
LVBoxer1 LVBoxer1 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 86
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
LVBoxer1 is on a distinguished road
Points: 11,412.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,412.14
Default

I plan on it, either end this week, or next. I have an invite for two free classes at my local boxing gym. So I hope it turns out to be a good place. I got to talk to them though, cause I dont have medical insurance at the current moment.

And I push myself everyday. For example, I do more stamina workouts then power. Like, sets of 25 curls, or the 2.5 Mile run I do everyday on the tred mill. And while doing that run, I shadow box like said.
LVBoxer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM #5
Cuauhtémoc1520 Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline
Head Mexican in Charge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: La Chingada
Posts: 26,348
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Rep Power: 146
Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 301,840.72
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,713,245.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBoxer1 View Post
I plan on it, either end this week, or next. I have an invite for two free classes at my local boxing gym. So I hope it turns out to be a good place. I got to talk to them though, cause I dont have medical insurance at the current moment.

And I push myself everyday. For example, I do more stamina workouts then power. Like, sets of 25 curls, or the 2.5 Mile run I do everyday on the tred mill. And while doing that run, I shadow box like said.
I train fighters now and that's good you are self motivated, I wish I had more guys like that in my gym. eventually though you will need some proper instruction though, learning to box is something that takes years to do.

Boxing is more than just throwing punches. You have to understand the intricacies of the sport and practice your techniques for many years to master it.
Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM #6
LVBoxer1 LVBoxer1 is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 86
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
LVBoxer1 is on a distinguished road
Points: 11,412.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,412.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
I train fighters now and that's good you are self motivated, I wish I had more guys like that in my gym. eventually though you will need some proper instruction though, learning to box is something that takes years to do.

Boxing is more than just throwing punches. You have to understand the intricacies of the sport and practice your techniques for many years to master it.
And I hope this gym pushes me to that level.
LVBoxer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, newb, questions, sorta.

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.