No announcement yet.

is boxing effective in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is boxing effective in street fight?

i did boxing when i was teen for 2 years.. now i am older (24) im thinking about getting back to training just basically getting fit and because i am a small bloke i want to be able to defend my self in tough situation.. y boxing..? because thats all i know and theres a boxing gym down the street where i live and it cost close to nothing.. but the thing is they train you so u can compete with other people in the competitions and thats not what i wana do i get my ass whoop since i re-starting again.. what do u guys think?

Course it is. You're training in fighting and gonna get hit round the head and to the body hard multiple times by people that actually know how to punch. Plus you'll know the body signs to look for when someones about to throw at you and the best way to dodge and return in kind. Also you'll be conditioned like a beast.

A punch from your average bloke on the street will be a cakewalk after doing a combat sport like boxing seriously for a length of time. I dont do boxing personally, i do kyokushin, but the principle is the same, being proficient at any form of combat is better than not doing one at all.

Comment

The most valuable thing about training in my opinion, in regards to a street fight, is your ability to control your nerves.

While most untrained people will tense up, and let their emotions control their actions...a trained person is more relaxed, and uses their head to control their actions.

As well as a trained individual's ability to do things almost instinctively. Once you do certain things enough, they almost become second nature.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
        i did boxing when i was teen for 2 years.. now i am older (24) im thinking about getting back to training just basically getting fit and because i am a small bloke i want to be able to defend my self in tough situation.. y boxing..? because thats all i know and theres a boxing gym down the street where i live and it cost close to nothing.. but the thing is they train you so u can compete with other people in the competitions and thats not what i wana do i get my ass whoop since i re-starting again.. what do u guys think?
        if you dont want any amatuer fights just tell them, they will understand.

but yeah, boxing is very good for street fighting, more so than mma unless you are a great mma fighter. most fights are just punching which if not koed end up on ground, your nerves and punch accuracy, timing etc will be far superior.

Comment

lol.. best question i've read this week

Comment

any type of martial arts is usefull in a street fight but street fights are mental, its all in the head, ive seen my sober karate teacher friend get knocked out by a drunken guy who was more mentaly crazy than anything else

Comment

Yes 100%. Getting off first and knowing whats coming at you with being able to sense danger can end someones night real quick.

Hopefully someone dont get you from behind or suckers in a good blow with a weapon.

Comment

Boxing works as long as the person you are fighting doesn't know how to fight. And by that i mean, fighting in an educated way.

If you tried to fight with boxing against a guy who fights with every part of his body. You going to get your ass whooped. If you get into a street fight with a bjj artist, your going to get choked out. If you fight with boxing against a wrestler, guess what? Your ass is on the ground.

Im not speaking in reference to MMA. Im speaking in reference to second nature. A man or woman training their whole life to do a certain thing in a fight (wrestle, submit, punch, kick.) they are going to use it as a second nature.

Punching is 1 aspect only. If you faught a guy who trained to use their entire body in a fight(majority of martial arts). Your going to lose.

Good thing majority of people in the world dont know martial arts.

Comment

Yes, increased Handspeed, accuracy and power will of course be an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
                    many places train for real competition. my club does. in fact, we ust had our annual tournament.

Boxing works as long as the person you are fighting doesn't know how to fight. And by that i mean, fighting in an educated way.

If you tried to fight with boxing against a guy who fights with every part of his body. You going to get your ass whooped. If you get into a street fight with a bjj artist, your going to get choked out. If you fight with boxing against a wrestler, guess what? Your ass is on the ground.

Im not speaking in reference to MMA. Im speaking in reference to second nature. A man or woman training their whole life to do a certain thing in a fight (wrestle, submit, punch, kick.) they are going to use it as a second nature.

Punching is 1 aspect only. If you faught a guy who trained to use their entire body in a fight(majority of martial arts). Your going to lose.

Good thing majority of people in the world dont know martial arts
                    flick, man, bjj is not quite a street type of fighting art. one of the gracies busted up their knee trying to take down someone on the concrete. now they dont fight. that is what i have read at least.

in street fight, u dont wanna be on the ground. even if u can choke out your opponent, it is still extremely dangerous to be immobile and focused on just one person in some cases.

oh yeah, flick, i sent u email of how my guys did in saturday's full contact fighting.

Anyways, if u train boxing, or actual martial arts that train for fighting, u can't lose unless you yourself are the problem. they are both good. it is that not all clubs and gyms have the same qualities, and not all people have the same qualities.

Comment

Working...
                    X