No announcement yet.

The most unatural fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most unatural fighters

You get the most natural fighters such as learnad, robinson, ali. Which fighters are the most unatural? marciano comes to mind

In recent years, Joe Calzaghe.

He does everything backwards ; He keeps his hands too low, his stance too wide, he squares up when he throws and that leaves him off balance and open to being knocked down (Hopkins, Jones), he slaps with the insides of his gloves rather than punch, etc.....

Throughout his career I couldn't stomach watching him at all. I'd find myself screaming at the TV pointing out flaws and whatnot.

But he had that incredible ability to adapt to his opponet and overcome, so his style always worked for him.

On paper at least, he was very un-natural.

Comment

Dennis Andries

Comment

Carlos Maussa.

Comment

Frank Bruno.. Tremendous work ethic though..

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
            You get the most natural fighters such as learnad, robinson, ali. Which fighters are the most unatural? marciano comes to mind
            I wouldn't say Ali was a natural fighter, most purists were horrified by some of the things he did when he started. Keeping his hands too low using his legs as is defense etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              I wouldn't say Ali was a natural fighter, most purists were horrified by some of the things he did when he started. Keeping his hands too low using his legs as is defense etc.
              he had natural talent something you cant teach

Comment

Jake Lamotta

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0782033&sr=1-3

Comment

Marciano
                  Joe Calzaghe.
                  Roy Jones Jr.
                  Pernell Whitaker

going out on a limb..... Paul Williams(under-upper cut weird type -ish), Mayweather Jr(shoulder roll perfection).

Comment

Yeah, Ali was definitely another one. He did a lot of things you're not supposed to do in boxing, but got away with it due to his god given talents. Things like keeping his hands held low, excessive moving, pulling away from punches, etc.......

Comment

Working...
                    X