No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's Fight in the "O"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward's Fight in the "O"

So apparently it's been confirmed, Andre Ward (2004 Gold Medalist) is fighting in Oakland on May 16th. That ***** is dope. Supposedly, he's fighting Edison Miranda which will be a good stepping stone for Ward.

I think Andre can make the bigger paydays if he got more exposure. I think he was talkin about fighting Taylor sometime in the future. If Ward stays active, climbs the ranks, gets more support, he can make it in the big time. He's a fcukin Gold Medalist! All the other cats that went to the olympics who didn't place other than a lousy bronze is getting more hype than Ward. Estrada, Andrade and one other (i can't remember his name) are getting more media time. Rau'shee Warren's smart. He said he's staying in the amatuers for at least another year.

Hopefully, Andre Ward can get more fights at homebase if they're not gonna give him more opportunies. *****, fcuk that. Keep it in the Bay. All my homegrown ninjas would stay on boxing if Ward kept fighting in the Town. I heard he's been injuried a couple years ago which might have been a slight set-back. But he's still hella young. He's got time to get there. If he whoops on Miranda hella bad, all the big shots have to take a look at him. I've been following this cat since the olympics waitin for him to hit mainstream and rep the Bay.

If he punishes miranda, he's a serious contender at 168 imo. I expect taylor or dirrell to dominate the division as it is once they step up. Maybe ward can get a peice of that action too.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
      If he punishes miranda, he's a serious contender at 168 imo. I expect taylor or dirrell to dominate the division as it is once they step up. Maybe ward can get a peice of that action too.
      Word. But Ward needs to start hittin the mainstream. Ward's dope. He definitely punishes his opponents. In a way, carrying someone through 12 rounds is more cruel than knockin him in the 3 round.

Comment

I like Ward to win by UD, but Miranda is capable of puttin him to sleep. Should be a good step up fight for Ward if he brings his best.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          I like Ward to win by UD, but Miranda is capable of puttin him to sleep. Should be a good step up fight for Ward if he brings his best.
          That's what i'm sayin. Miranda got that 1-2 K power, but Ward can box. I think he's smarter than Miranda. This will be a good step up for Ward. I think Miranda will be the favored.

I went to Ward's Last fight, and he just punished this cat. I haven't seen Ward open up yet and hit it full throttle.

Comment

Working...
          X