Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM #1
Ya Dun Know

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17.48
Total Points: 1,386,260,924.73
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ßreakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 
Default NSAC issues Karo Parisyan nine-month suspension; UFC 94 win overturned

NSAC issues Karo Parisyan nine-month suspension; UFC 94 win overturned

Quote:
LAS VEGAS - Despite listening to the fighter's emotional defense and pleas for leniency, the Nevada State Athletic Commission today issued Karo Parisyan a nine-month suspension and $32,000 fine due to his failed UFC 94 drug test.

Additionally, his Jan. 31 split-decision victory over Dong Hyun Kim has been overturned and ruled a no-contest, and Parisyan will be subject to stricter drug testing for future fights.

Parisyan represented himself at today's hearing, which took place at the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas.

Following his victory over Kim, the 26-year-old Parisyan tested positive for the prescription painkillers hydrocodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone, all of which are banned substances.

The commission voted unanimously in favor of the punishment, which included a 40 percent fine of his $80,000 UFC 94 fight purse ($40,000 to show and $40,000 win bonus). He'll also be required to pass a drug test before he's licensed to return to competition and is subject to random testing.

The half-hour-long hearing often became emotional for Parisyan, who was on the verge of tears on multiple occasions. The veteran fighter also appeared before the commission on Feb. 17, when Parisyan's temporary suspension was addressed. The fighter hoped to receive his punishment at the February meeting, though the commissioners told him he'd have to wait until March for the formal hearing.

"I've got to come back (in March), and if they take my money and [heavily] fine me, I won't make it until the end of the year," Parisyan told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after the February meeting. "It's that bad for me with income. If they won't level with me, it's going to be pretty hard for me.

"[Fighting] is the only way I have to support my family. If I don't fight, I'm going to be homeless by the end of the year. I'm going to try to get married in August. If I don't fight and I get fined, my entire year -- everything I was supposed to do -- will just go down the toilet. Between my marriage and my house, I'll lose everything if [they] take my money away."

At today's hearing, commissioners wanted to know the reasons for his failed test.

Parisyan had a prescription for Norco (a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen), though he didn't disclose it in a pre-fight medical questionnaire. Parisyan said he has been prescribed the drug for approximately three years because of a hamstring injury he suffered while training for an eventually canceled title fight with then-champ Matt Hughes in 2005.

Parisyan said he received two Percocet pills, which are similar to Norco, from a friend when he arrived in Las Vegas for UFC 94. Parisyan said he accidentally left his Percocet pills at home.

When asked why he didn't disclose the medications before the fight, Parisyan said he "forgot."

Commission representatives said they were concerned that Parisyan's high levels of the drugs -- he tested positive for 3,551 ng/mL of oxymorphone and 4,654 ng/mL of hydrocodone -- masked his pain during the fight and possibly gave him an unfair advantage.

On Monday, the eve of Parisyan's hearing, NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer said that fighter's defense wasn't likely to sway any commission members toward giving him a light sentence.

"Karo filed a response that said basically that he did everything but (that) he didn't violate any of the (NSAC) rules because he had a prescription, which to me is not a defense to it," Kizer told MMAjunkie.com. "Your doctor doesn't decide what's prohibited or not. The commission does.

"There's two ways to look at. First off, 99 percent of fighters are over 21. That doesn't mean they can drink and fight. Alcohol is a prohibited substance. They can drink a week before the fight. They can drink after the fight. But they can't drink and get in the ring if they have alcohol in their system. The second way to look at it is there are situations where the fighter might be able to take something, but he needs to tell us in advance. That's why we ask on our pre-fight questionnaire, 'Have you taken any prescription medication in the last 15 days?' He put, 'No.' Now he's saying, 'Oh, I forgot.'"

Parisyan (18-5), a 10-year vet who first fought professionally as a 16-year-old, first joined the UFC in 2003. He's 8-2 (with one no-contest) in his past 11 fights, though an April 2008 loss to Thiago Alves derailed his shot at a welterweight title.
Aah the sad life and times of Karo "Do you know who I am?" Parisyan goes on.

On a good note, YAY! Kim is stil undefeated lol!
jakkups is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM #2
Banned

Talon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 340,033.79
Your great - Tek My Pounches 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 

anybody know what he was using?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM #3
Ya Dun Know

jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ßreakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAlien View Post
anybody know what he was using?
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=8158&zoneid=2

According to this article it was hydrocodone, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM #4
The P4P King

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Dorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 322,219,575,687,538.00
Total Points: 322,219,576,233,942.44
I see you, D! - Ether Buy yourself a new life - -Kev- Money May AllDay, VIP4LIFE. Enjoy the fight. - CRASH DUMMY a true p4p. - Ether Read the message in the ribbon I just sent you - -Kev- 
Protect yourself at all times - -Kev- Im holdin on your rope Got me ten feet off the ground - -Kev- give them all the fight they want. - Ether Feliz Navidad Red k sent - El Mustang All in on Dorian. - Ether 
Happy holidays bro! - led Happy holidays to you too meooooow! ;) - *Boss Lady* Kitties like fishies, meow :) - *Boss Lady* Happy birthday, bud - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birfffday :D x - *Boss Lady* 
happy bday bro, was gone yesterday - Ether Happy Easter :kiss: Meooooooooooow! - Bossy Nice gifs! - komodo fratele meu din alta mama - Alx. Censor fail - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - kswizzy99 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 

WHat a damn shame, come on Karo
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM #5
Banned

Move BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 216,900.26
Total Points: 290,871.23
Cheers brother! - jakkups WAR BRICKS!!!!!!! Congrats bro. - jakkups No Message - Move BRICKS No Message - Move BRICKS Whoop they asses - The Scientist 

Man forget Karo. The dude is a weasel and you can tell, must be one dumb broad to marry the scumbag.

IMO Kim took that fight too.
Move BRICKS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:43 AM #6
Ya Dun Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apostle View Post
Man forget Karo. The dude is a weasel and you can tell, must be one dumb broad to marry the scumbag.

IMO Kim took that fight too.

Kim won it clean IMO. All Karo tried to do was hug him. **** he may as well have bought Kim a dress and asked him out on a date.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:28 AM #7
Contender

JabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,525.60

the only fighter who's been caught for banned substances i have any respect for is Hermes Franca, cos he's the only one who actually apologized and took responsibility.

"i forgot to put it on the form" c'mon guy, jus as bad a Clemens' "the hgh was my wife's"
JabSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Dice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond reputeDice has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 342,309,390.26
Total Points: 436,144,412.54

Im pissed cuz I lost points on this, I think to jakk ups actually lol, and felt Kim won the fight. Karo is a loser seriously and while im still a fan of Kim, he needs to get the killer instinct he had when he was in DEEP
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM #9
Ya Dun Know

I didn't bet on this fight dude, if I did it would've been on Kim, jus cuz I dislike Karo very much.

Share This With Friends

Tags
issues, karo, nine-month, nsac, overturned, parisyan, suspension;

User Tag List