Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,955.49
Total Points: 606,000.32
Default Clean pad work

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Palma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM #3
Interim Champion

Pork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 113,760.92
Send a message via AIM to Pork Chop

very very nice
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

not a huge fan of catching leg kicks with thai pads
otherwise, both clips look very much the way I hold.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:37 AM #4
Banned

We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,486.22
Total Points: 460,893.13

I liked that Master Ace pad training. Palma, always representin' Muay Thai, hell yeah. What's your gym?
We want Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
I liked that Master Ace pad training. Palma, always representin' Muay Thai, hell yeah. What's your gym?
Thanks man, the sports been good to me and I am so happy that it is now being accepted by the masses (thanks to MMA). I have been training since i was a young teen (37 now). I am over at Black Tiger Boxe Thai, LA Boxing and Poway Boxing Club.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM #6
Interim Champion

Pork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond reputePork Chop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 113,760.92
Send a message via AIM to Pork Chop

As for me, I'm out of sitVongPhet in San Antonio.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] but it's a little out of date.

Wife and I are planning a trip to Thailand next year and I'm thinking of staying at Sinbi Taewoong's camp in Phuket for a couple weeks - my buddy from Virginia goes every year.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:20 AM #7
Banned

We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
Thanks man, the sports been good to me and I am so happy that it is now being accepted by the masses (thanks to MMA). I have been training since i was a young teen (37 now). I am over at Black Tiger Boxe Thai, LA Boxing and Poway Boxing Club.
I've heard of Black Tiger, if I'm not mistaken it's suppose to be the oldest Muay Thai gym in San Diego, is that correct? Alot of the trainers in SD were also students of Black Tiger.

The problem with a majority of Muay Thai gyms in the USA is that they've almost forgotten the heavybag, everything revolves around pad work. That's nice if the students are already in advance level, but, I think the trainers really need to get back to basics.

That padwork video, was that from Black Tiger, or just some random video you came across?

Last edited by May 02, 2009; 03-16-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:11 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I've heard of Black Tiger, if I'm not mistaken it's suppose to be the oldest Muay Thai gym in San Diego, is that correct? Alot of the trainers in SD were also students of Black Tiger.

The problem with a majority of Muay Thai gyms in the USA is that they've almost forgotten the heavy bag, everything revolves around pad work. That's nice if the students are already in advance level, but, I think the trainers really need to get back to basics.

That padwork video, was that from Black Tiger, or just some random video you came across?
Yes, Black Tiger is where it all started for a lot of us here in San Diego. Vince "Black Tiger" Soberano was that man back then. He was the owner of Black Tiger Boxe Thai. Vince is now in China and has opened Black Tiger Beijing ([Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]).

The pad work (1st video) I just found on the net. The second (video of young woman and child getting pad work) is from my friend Bradley Goldberg over in the UK.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 AM #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
Yes, Black Tiger is where it all started for a lot of us here in San Diego. Vince "Black Tiger" Soberano was that man back then. He was the owner of Black Tiger Boxe Thai. Vince is now in China and has opened Black Tiger Beijing ([Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]).

The pad work (1st video) I just found on the net. The second (video of young woman and child getting pad work) is from my friend Bradley Goldberg over in the UK.
What's the price range for memberships at Black Tiger in SD?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
What's the price range for memberships at Black Tiger in SD?
$100 per month

Share This With Friends

Tags
clean, work

User Tag List