Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since starting Top ten p4p has 1&2 ever been this close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since starting Top ten p4p has 1&2 ever been this close?

Was there any moment in p4p history that 1&2 was being disputed this closely? Both guys practically in the same weightclass too.Both guys just had two epic battles and we still dont know for sure who is better.
    I just cant see how you proclaim one being great while dissing the other one.

Originally posted by strugler View Post
    was there any moment in p4p history that 1&2 was being disputed this closely? Both guys practically in the same weightclass too.both guys just had two epic battles and we still dont know for sure who is better.
    sad part is manny is looked at as a god...while jmm doesn't get his props in the mainstream

Comment

roy and pernell had good discussions

Nard and Floyd was another close one

this just seems closer because the two actually fought

Comment

Yeah, Whitaker and Chavez were one and two or two and three, I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
          sad part is manny is looked at as a god...while jmm doesn't get his props in the mainstream
          I think it has to do with Manny's style thus making him a bit more popular than jmm.
          What do you mean?

Comment

[QUOTE=Makavelli;4840271]roy and pernell had good discussions

Nard and Floyd was another close one

this just seems closer because the two actually fought[/QUOTE]

Thats what i meant.Do you think if Hopkins and Mayweather fought(assuming theyre both in the same weight class) it would still be as hotly contested as this?

Comment

i didn't know one guy beating another guy twice makes two fighters close

Comment

Agreed. IMO, that may have to do with factors such as:

-Pac moved up in weights to fight and embarrass DLH when he was an underdog.

-Pac's fighting style is exciting since he's mainly the agressor, not the counter-punching, defensive one.

-Pac continually tries to speak English in the media and not with a translator, is humble, and doesn't talk smack about other fighters.

-Pac is perceived to have given lots of his money to the poor.

-JMM (or Nacho) not accepting the quick rematch after the first fight and instead chose to fight Chris John and lost.

-JMM KD'd 4 times, not accepting the loss, and whined and bitched for another rematch.

If Pac gets embarassed by Ricky, JMM will move up to be #1 p4p deservedly.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                  Was there any moment in p4p history that 1&2 was being disputed this closely? Both guys practically in the same weightclass too.Both guys just had two epic battles and we still dont know for sure who is better.
                  roy jones and floyd mayweather was.

Comment

When you make a statement like this you have to understand hardcore boxing fans are not the mainstream. If JMM had a well publicized rags to riches story as Pac does, if he was the biggest celebrity in his country, if he made an attempt to speak english, if he had a similar more reckless style like Pac then maybe he would be as popular. The fact that JMM is one of the most talented boxers of our generation and perhaps all time unfortunately is not going to give him mainstream popularity.

Comment

Working...
                    X