Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM #1
nirojsri nirojsri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 111
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
nirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond reputenirojsri has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 153,360.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 153,360.78
Default Ever play this game in sparring?

Sometimes when you spar someone unexperienced and they show you no respect do you ever just punch them really hard and show them what hell must be like.


So my game that I play is let the dumb kid be ****ing rocky marciano for one round. I let him punch me in the face and cover myself up in the corner. He''s using up all his energy I don't even hit him back. then second round he's tired as **** I change my fight I start dodging every punch he throws and he's like what's going on he was so weak a minute ago. Then the real fun starts every single time he punches I throw counters first I throw body counters to the middle where the chest meets the abs and the ribs usually most people just jump out of the ring by the first body shot because they can't breathe and the ones that do go on, I wait for them to throw a lazy punch and I throw a cross smack dab in their face and usually they get out of the ring after that. Then they never get in the ring ever again. And people who spar with me for the first time and I didn't like their attitude never come back. I got in trouble for it though my coach told me not to do it and now he almost never puts me in rings with first timers.


I never do it to someone who weighs lighter than me though even if they show me disrespect. if they don't touch gloves with me and refuse to or I get the feeling that they're trying to knock me out. I always test a heavyweights strength before I decide to play the game though. Even an unexperienced heavyweight can knock me out if they can connect with a good one because I'm only like what 150lbs.
nirojsri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM #2
peewee1460 peewee1460 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,725.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,169,761.18
Default

man don't go through all that effort, just give them that left hook to the body.
peewee1460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM #3
MarksMan MarksMan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 85
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
MarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these partsMarksMan is infamous around these parts
Points: 9,264.83
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,264.83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
man don't go through all that effort, just give them that left hook to the body.
i find 1 STIFF jab straight in the nose normally makes them fall in line.......like "**** that hurt and it was only a jab"
MarksMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 PM #4
ScottDBA ScottDBA is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 627
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Points: 20,942.62
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,772.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 
Default

The reason he's going hard and "showing you no respect" is because he's inexperienced, isn't sure how hard he's supposed to go, and since you're more experienced then him he's probably scared/nervous.

So rather than take the oppourtunity to work on your defense and let a new get some good work in by fighting (sparring) to his level, you feel the need to prove how tough you are and beat on him, which means he's going to go even harder next time he's in the ring and show you even less "respect".
ScottDBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM #5
peewee1460 peewee1460 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,898
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,725.89
Bank: 25,139,035.29
Total Points: 25,169,761.18
Default

Quote:
The reason he's going hard and "showing you no respect" is because he's inexperienced, isn't sure how hard he's supposed to go, and since you're more experienced then him he's probably scared/nervous.

So rather than take the oppourtunity to work on your defense and let a new get some good work in by fighting (sparring) to his level, you feel the need to prove how tough you are and beat on him, which means he's going to go even harder next time he's in the ring and show you even less "respect".
that or run home crying.
peewee1460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM #6
Sox8055 Sox8055 is offline
*PLAYBOY*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali
Age: 29
Posts: 6,520
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
Sox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond reputeSox8055 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 132,136.74
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 132,136.74
money,money,money - Sox8055 Let's drink to Misa Campo my brotha!!! - abosworth No Message - texanballer 1K posts! - KESSLER who wants a beer, when u can have an 1080p LCD 85inch!!!!! - bearman3000 
Floyd Mayweather Jr - Dorian have a slice on me, my dude - Gift Of Gab FOR THE BITCH! - mellow_mood No Message - texanballer Una cerveza Medalla bien fria pa ti mi pana salsero! - gerardofpr 
We Poppin BOTTLES to a Cotto Victory! - .::EyEKoNiK::. my long time homie Sox - -Kevin- Una cervecita Tecate - -Kevin- 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Pico Hollywood Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Pico Hollywood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Silencers Childhood Cancer - Artur Kyshenko Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Silencers 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
that or run home crying.
I find this 90% true, the other 10% means that the kid will come back stronger and punish you if he ever gets the chance..
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Sox8055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:12 PM #7
TheTruthIs TheTruthIs is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 226
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
TheTruthIs will become famous soon enough
Points: 11,854.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,854.27
Default

Ya sound like a bit of a knob, actually.
TheTruthIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:31 PM #8
BOXING'SSAVIOR BOXING'SSAVIOR is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 66
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
BOXING'SSAVIOR is on a distinguished road
Points: 10,997.40
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,997.40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthIs View Post
Ya sound like a bit of a knob, actually.
i agree; unless ur just an experienced *******
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
BOXING'SSAVIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 AM #9
Squabbles94806 Squabbles94806 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: im fRuM tHe BaY...
Age: 35
Posts: 2,423
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Squabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 319,160.47
Bank: 58,012.45
Total Points: 377,172.92
Default

Naw man, i don't play games when i spar. But I try and knock fools if i don't know them. I've knocked down at least two people. There's usually a nose bleed, not mine. Used to be, but i changed that. Man, i just love to fight. I was born to fight. I'm a fighter not a lover.

Last edited by Squabbles94806; 02-06-2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: grammar
Squabbles94806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 AM #10
fuddoh fuddoh is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Age: 29
Posts: 38
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
fuddoh is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,459.84
Bank: 340,652.70
Total Points: 346,112.54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirojsri View Post
Sometimes when you spar someone unexperienced and they show you no respect do you ever just punch them really hard and show them what hell must be like.


So my game that I play is let the dumb kid be ****ing rocky marciano for one round. I let him punch me in the face and cover myself up in the corner. He''s using up all his energy I don't even hit him back. then second round he's tired as **** I change my fight I start dodging every punch he throws and he's like what's going on he was so weak a minute ago. Then the real fun starts every single time he punches I throw counters first I throw body counters to the middle where the chest meets the abs and the ribs usually most people just jump out of the ring by the first body shot because they can't breathe and the ones that do go on, I wait for them to throw a lazy punch and I throw a cross smack dab in their face and usually they get out of the ring after that. Then they never get in the ring ever again. And people who spar with me for the first time and I didn't like their attitude never come back. I got in trouble for it though my coach told me not to do it and now he almost never puts me in rings with first timers.


I never do it to someone who weighs lighter than me though even if they show me disrespect. if they don't touch gloves with me and refuse to or I get the feeling that they're trying to knock me out. I always test a heavyweights strength before I decide to play the game though. Even an unexperienced heavyweight can knock me out if they can connect with a good one because I'm only like what 150lbs.
Thank you for that info, now i know that i should show some respect in my first sparring session on monday. I wouldnt want to get beat on like that, but i wouldnt run home crying if it did happen, i would just grit my theet and take it so i can come back next time and do the same to him (when/if i can).
fuddoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
game, play, sparring?

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.