Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 02-01-2004, 01:20 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
juzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,502.00
Send a message via ICQ to juzre Send a message via AIM to juzre Send a message via Yahoo to juzre
Default Vitor (spoiler)

Just wondering the overall opinion on if you thought the title shoudl change hands on an accidental cut liek that or if it should be a no contest witha mandatory rematch scheduled.
juzre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-01-2004, 01:21 AM #2
Curly Howard

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

I think iin the future, since they score like boxing they should have the same rules BUT... the damage was caused by a legal strike so the outcome would have been the same
Old 02-01-2004, 01:23 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

juzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these partsjuzre is infamous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to juzre Send a message via AIM to juzre Send a message via Yahoo to juzre

Yeah, I can see both ways, expecially on how early in the bout was. It is so disappointing though, but there has to be a rematch.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:30 AM #4
Curly Howard

Yeah no doubt. I just hope Couture didn't get his eye ball scratched too bad. I'd hate to see him go out like that.

That was one fight I really didn't care who won I just wanted to see it. Both guys are class acts
Old 02-01-2004, 01:34 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Yeah definately, it was one of the few times where there was no trash talking before the fight, where they both respected each other. I am such a Randy Couture fan too, he is just class and I know he will be fine and bounce back.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:10 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

HockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond reputeHockeyFighter has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 151,071.28
Send a message via AIM to HockeyFighter Send a message via Yahoo to HockeyFighter

Definately should be a win. It's the exact same as any other cut stoppage. Just so happened that this occured so early in the match that it sucked. Rematch will happen so now I got like another 4 months to get pumped up for that. ****
HockeyFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:14 AM #7
Curly Howard

This kinda messes up the #205 division. It would have probably been the winner of Tito Chuck vs Belfort but now We'll have to wait for a rematch. Plus what about Silva? #205 is going to be hot again this year
Old 02-01-2004, 03:39 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Piedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 43,289.00

Its a shame that the fight ended so early but it wasnt any accident Vitor won period.
Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:47 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Fallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 353,127.00
Send a message via AIM to Fallout

I think the bigger question is will Randy fight again? I mean, the guy is 40, has a newborn son and just suffered a MAJOR eye injury that might leave him with perminate damage to his eye
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:01 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

lightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 55,828.14

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
I think the bigger question is will Randy fight again? I mean, the guy is 40, has a newborn son and just suffered a MAJOR eye injury that might leave him with perminate damage to his eye
This is exactly what I was thinking. It took him a while to recover from his previous eye injury, and at 40 how much time does he have left for recovering and coming back again? I think this may have changed his priorities.
lightweight is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List