Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond reputeThe_King has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.97
Total Points: 8,988.38
Default Should I give up boxing?

Ok, I'v been training now for about one and half years, to two years and never had a bout. I never seem to progress and get any fitter in sparring. I'm blowing after 2 rounds. Yet I train 6 days a week. My coach says I have no zip in my punches. Sould I just carry on training or give it up?
The_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Migs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,560,422,908.08
Total Points: 10,560,485,949.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_King View Post
Ok, I'v been training now for about one and half years, to two years and never had a bout. I never seem to progress and get any fitter in sparring. I'm blowing after 2 rounds. Yet I train 6 days a week. My coach says I have no zip in my punches. Sould I just carry on training or give it up?
Dude I've been training just as long as you and tried to get my first bout in October but they didn't have anyone to pair me with. I'm not where I'd like to be technique wise, weight wise, mentally, etc. but for some reason I can't quit it. Honestly, I've taken a month or two off a couple times because mentally I didn't want to anymore but like I said I would inevitably come back. I have no intentions of going pro as I'm already to old and also I have a career that takes precedent over training if it has to. I box because it's a great work out and I do like sparring. I still want to get a bout but if all I ever remain is someone's sparring partner I'm fine with that. You gotta do what makes you happy. Maybe take a break and see if that fire comes back. If not then you made the right decision. I guess it all depends what you're trying to do.
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 PM #3
Interim Champion

mr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these partsmr tricky is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 125,721.20

Quote:
btw ive been training 2 years still had no bout but i know im close,

your coach says youve got no zip in your punches,???

work on it, go on the bag and practice geting that snap you need, look on the internet for tutorials, ect....practice more, look at some fighters and learn fromt them, become motivated,

mabey go back to the basics, and practice your defense ect, and keep practicng to get that zip in ur pounches
mr tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 AM #4
Contender

Richie-G has a spectacular aura aboutRichie-G has a spectacular aura aboutRichie-G has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 37,434.05

you cant give up just because you get tired after two rounds or dont have any "zip".
keep training until you dont get tired, or until you get the zip.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Richie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 AM #5
Up and Comer

Ictus is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 10,482.94

It's about you, not about anyone else. If you've dedicated yourself to boxing and love the sport, you should continue. As long as you like to train and you don't have to force yourself to go to training, continue.
Ictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:52 AM #6
Contender

AndyTravis is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 14,568.13

Quote:
If you can, go to a new gym or get a new coach, even if it is just for a couple of days. I change environments every now and again, even though I go back to my same gym, because sometimes I just need someone else to tell me the same thing in different words I understand.
AndyTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:31 AM #7
Jackal

The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeThe Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,053.89
No problem, thank you too. - Silencers Thanks. Merry Christmas. - Silencers Have a clover lad. - ABOSWORTH Thanks. - Silencers Thanks. - Silencers 
Happy late Birthday mate!  Hope youhave many more! - ABOSWORTH 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Silencers Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie-G View Post
you cant give up just because you get tired after two rounds or dont have any "zip".
keep training until you dont get tired, or until you get the zip.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
His right get endurance in up the miles in your roadwork if youth is on your side man don't give up the opportunity to box i wouldn't id love eat + sleep it make a way of life focus on you & what you do iron out what probs you have give it everything you have if you feel like packing it in then well your not a failure you gave your all.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:42 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,985,657.32
Total Points: 1,999,529.13
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

Ask your trainer what you are doing wrong and if he can't tell you, find another gym. You might just have a **** trainer?
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:02 AM #9
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,719,300,106,567.96
Total Points: 2,719,300,131,608.42
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Ask your trainer what you are doing wrong and if he can't tell you, find another gym. You might just have a **** trainer?
What he said.

As for your question, well, do you enjoy boxing? If you do just keep at it, **** what everybody else says and do what you enjoy doing.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:16 AM #10
Banned

The_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 209,145.50
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 

Quote:
This may sound harsh but sometimes if you dont have it in you should let it go altogether.
That way you can put your time and energy other things instead of boxing, which it seems that you are not naturally good at.

You can love boxing and still do it as a hobbie but dont put all your eggs into one basket.
The_One77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing?, give

User Tag List