Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 03:13 PM #1
SOY-COMO-SOY SOY-COMO-SOY is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tejas
Posts: 2,329
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 7,205,472.25
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,205,472.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 
Default Title Power Weighted Super Bag Gloves

Anyone ever used these gloves or heard any reviews about these gloves??????? Also Im 5'8 145lbs and i have small hands so what size do yall think i need??????? reg=small/medium large=large/x-large

http://store.titleboxing.com/power-w...ag-gloves.html


Im looking at getting the title weighted bag gloves because i have these cheap-ass bag gloves http://store.titleboxing.com/tbg.html and i dont like how they dont have a hook-and-loop closure.
SOY-COMO-SOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-23-2008, 08:07 PM #2
JUHL JUHL is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 153
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
JUHL has a spectacular aura aboutJUHL has a spectacular aura about
Points: 50,190.66
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,190.66
Default

i've never used those gloves, but since no one has posted here, ill try to help. i would recommend getting some basic bag gloves first, before you get weighted gloves. Also, just my personal preference, i prefer Ringside of Title. depending on how much you want to spend i would back these gloves :

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25677

i have a pair of them, and they are very comfortable, they feel better then my Reyes, Grant's and other gloves. if you want to go a cheaper route, then try something like this:

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25856
JUHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:05 PM #3
SOY-COMO-SOY SOY-COMO-SOY is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tejas
Posts: 2,329
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 7,205,472.25
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,205,472.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUHL View Post
i've never used those gloves, but since no one has posted here, ill try to help. i would recommend getting some basic bag gloves first, before you get weighted gloves. Also, just my personal preference, i prefer Ringside of Title. depending on how much you want to spend i would back these gloves :

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25677

i have a pair of them, and they are very comfortable, they feel better then my Reyes, Grant's and other gloves. if you want to go a cheaper route, then try something like this:

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25856
Alright i keep those gloves from the first link in mind. thanks
SOY-COMO-SOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:49 AM #4
Eshays! Eshays! is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 355
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Eshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,409.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,409.87
Default

i've got a pair of the everlast weighted gloves. Definatly get a small as i got the large n im arnd 5'11 160 n there way to big, there a good glove and im telling u pal they give u a great workout - cant recommened them enough. im jst pissed off mine r so big n i dont use them
Eshays! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:42 AM #5
AndyTravis AndyTravis is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 110
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
AndyTravis is on a distinguished road
Points: 14,426.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,426.13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshays! View Post
i've got a pair of the everlast weighted gloves. Definatly get a small as i got the large n im arnd 5'11 160 n there way to big, there a good glove and im telling u pal they give u a great workout - cant recommened them enough. im jst pissed off mine r so big n i dont use them
Eshays, I'm just wondering how much these are actually weighted? I need to build up my endurance so would these be the way to go. I assume the process is the same as shadow boxing with handweights.

Oh, and do you train in Sydney?
AndyTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 AM #6
SOY-COMO-SOY SOY-COMO-SOY is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Tejas
Posts: 2,329
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 7,205,472.25
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,205,472.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshays! View Post
i've got a pair of the everlast weighted gloves. Definatly get a small as i got the large n im arnd 5'11 160 n there way to big, there a good glove and im telling u pal they give u a great workout - cant recommened them enough. im jst pissed off mine r so big n i dont use them
do they fit big around your wrist or nuckles or where at??????? Couldn't you just put on alot of tape/gauze to make up for them being to big.

thanks for your advice though, i figure i should order a regular, but i wasn't sure
SOY-COMO-SOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 PM #7
Eshays! Eshays! is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 355
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Eshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,409.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,409.87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~satchel~ View Post
Eshays, I'm just wondering how much these are actually weighted? I need to build up my endurance so would these be the way to go. I assume the process is the same as shadow boxing with handweights.

Oh, and do you train in Sydney?
yeah not quite sure how much they actually weight, theres 4 metal pellets in each glove. yeah they will build up endurance, as your doing everything u normally do expect with a much larger weight. i think it equates to something like double of what a normal workout wld be wen using them. the only problem i've expexperienced is some arm pump. yeah bro, used to - havent fought for a while n struggling to get bak into is. hopefully i'll be at a gym n fighting again by arnd feb. where u at?
Eshays! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 PM #8
Eshays! Eshays! is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 355
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Eshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond reputeEshays! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,409.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,409.87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
do they fit big around your wrist or nuckles or where at??????? Couldn't you just put on alot of tape/gauze to make up for them being to big.

thanks for your advice though, i figure i should order a regular, but i wasn't sure
Big arnd both wrist and knuckles - they slide off the knuckles when punching and i have to do them heaps tight arnd the wrist which i suspect is the cause of the arm pump which i experience when using them. So the tape wouldnt work as the glove is to overally big. go with the medium pal, i reckon they'd fit ur hand nice
Eshays! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:53 AM #9
AndyTravis AndyTravis is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 110
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
AndyTravis is on a distinguished road
Points: 14,426.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,426.13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshays! View Post
yeah not quite sure how much they actually weight, theres 4 metal pellets in each glove. yeah they will build up endurance, as your doing everything u normally do expect with a much larger weight. i think it equates to something like double of what a normal workout wld be wen using them. the only problem i've expexperienced is some arm pump. yeah bro, used to - havent fought for a while n struggling to get bak into is. hopefully i'll be at a gym n fighting again by arnd feb. where u at?
I'm right near the city, but will prob change gyms at some stage.
AndyTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 AM #10
JulioCesaChavez JulioCesaChavez is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Banlieue de Marseille
Posts: 1,959
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 35,355.77
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 51,028.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 
Default

Sounds like an expensive training gimmick to me. I have hand weights for shadowboxing but this just sounds wrong. It may improve conditioning but I reckon it will slow you down and make you fight like robocop, unless you alternate with normal gloves and use them sparingly. But that would be same as using hand weights!
JulioCesaChavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
gloves, power, super, title, weighted

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.