Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rmz has a spectacular aura aboutrmz has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 73,863.61
Default Proper Defensive Guard?

I'm curious to know what you guys think about certain defensive guards. I guess the standard one would be keeping your hands up at your chin with your jab hand slightly ahead of your other hand. I find that when I'm sparring though that that guard is not that effective for me. While I can block/parry my opponents jab and jab back, I have a hard time blocking power shots. I know guys like Winky, Clottey, and Mohammed Abdullaev use a high guard that covers their face completely. Any tips on how I can use my guard effectively to block punches? When I work with my coach he mainly recommends rolling the punches and countering, but I find in the ring I'm not ready for that. I just need to be able to cover up and let the guy punch out a bit and then come back with something.
rmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 PM #2
Retro...

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
robjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,475,777.54
Total Points: 31,725,699.14
rjjr superman. thanks man. - ALPHA O`MEGA We Fresh! - Dorian For all things retro - The_Bringer medal of honor - el guason456 Merry Christmas - msagrain 
Showing appreciation - Massage Queen heres to roy jones jr. CHEERS!!! - kswizzy99 have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead 

type in felix sturm in youtube.
robjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
defensive, guard?, proper

User Tag List