Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 116,952.41
Default how to work on my balance

i have problems when doing padwork when my trainer moves to the side and back and forth keeping balance. when i have to reach i usually lean to far forward and slip or get caught with a shot. not to mention i cant throw the correct body shots. what can i do to increase my balance on the move and keep a solid frame that i can easily slip punches duck and give solid shots?
DJ QUIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2008, 11:52 AM #2
Banned

JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 50,640.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

Keep your weight more balanced in the middle and not disproportionately on the front or back foot. Some people who put weight on front too much suffer problems like you do, and others who box on back foot don't get enough power in shots!

The two other things that may be causing this is

1) You are not moving around correctly in terms of footwork technique. Are you crossing your feet? Keep them same distance apart at ALL times
2) You are absolutely ****, FUBAR and hopeless!

Please be aware of these potential dangers when you are trianing.
JulioCesaChavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:07 PM #3
Banned

Chr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond reputeChr0nic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 183,870.41
For being a good sport! Have a beer on me. - F-R-K-O thanks again - Pretty Boy32 read a book - Michael Jordan Good mornin. Have a latte homey. - mangler 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
Keep your weight more balanced in the middle and not disproportionately on the front or back foot. Some people who put weight on front too much suffer problems like you do, and others who box on back foot don't get enough power in shots!

The two other things that may be causing this is

1) You are not moving around correctly in terms of footwork technique. Are you crossing your feet? Keep them same distance apart at ALL times
2) You are absolutely ****, FUBAR and hopeless!

Please be aware of these potential dangers when you are trianing.
haha, funny ****
Chr0nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:23 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Salty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond reputeSalty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,985,657.32
Total Points: 1,999,018.13
ssssssssssssalty - mgkirkpatrick Have another one of these. - Team Mundine Merry Christmas - msagrain 

Shadow boxing on a wobble board can help, but its not going to improve it much if you have **** footwork.
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:52 PM #5
Banned

The_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond reputeThe_One77 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 202,089.50
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ QUIK View Post
i have problems when doing padwork when my trainer moves to the side and back and forth keeping balance. when i have to reach i usually lean to far forward and slip or get caught with a shot. not to mention i cant throw the correct body shots. what can i do to increase my balance on the move and keep a solid frame that i can easily slip punches duck and give solid shots?
I don't know my friend
The_One77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:00 PM #6
Interim Champion

Landon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 30,108.05

Try shadowboxing with your eyes closed (just make sure your in an open area you wouldnt want to hit something), I know if you stand on one foot with your eyes open its easy but once you close your eyes it gets much harder. You could try the same thing with shadowboxing and you would get a real good feel for how your balance is and what your doing wrong.
Landon S is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
balance, work

User Tag List