Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JUHL has a spectacular aura aboutJUHL has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,271.66
Default Grant Professional Training Gloves

Hey, just about to order some more gloves, gonna get some Grant Pro training gloves in all white, 16 oz. just curious to see what you guys think of them? i have Reyes and ultimate classic training gloves now, how do they compare to them?
JUHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 92,368.81

why do you need so many gloves? not being a dick, just curious.
rj_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 PM #3
Contender

na it all good man, i guess you could say i collect them.. i've always been like that, i always want more than i need.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

mspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 722,531.25
Total Points: 829,437.63
You get 1KO in sparring, and BoxScene ranks you undisputed champ. Congrats... - Spiegelo your alt is on crack! lmao - Left Hook Tua No Message - T-97 

the grant gloves are my favorite. they pack a punch, like the reyes but not quite as hard, but are more protective of the hand. they have great wrist support and are the best looking gloves imo. only winning are more protective.

haven't tried the ultimate classics, but if they are a step above the ringside imf's then they must be pretty dope. i have the ringside imf's too and they are my go-tos. they are very protective.

i use the grants (16's) for out-of-gym sparring and the imf 18's against guys on my team for in-house sparring. i mix them up on the bags too, but mainly use the imf's. i occassionally mix in amateur gloves to get used to 12oz (mainly the impact).
mspiegelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:21 PM #5
Contender

awesome, thanks man
Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 AM #6
Interim Champion

ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,566.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiegelo View Post
i have the ringside imf's too and they are my go-tos. they are very protective.
Funny you say that. I was considering buying them until a guy at my gym told be that they're too soft and don't offer enough protection for your hands. Weird.
ScottDBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

mspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 722,531.25
Total Points: 829,437.63
You get 1KO in sparring, and BoxScene ranks you undisputed champ. Congrats... - Spiegelo your alt is on crack! lmao - Left Hook Tua No Message - T-97 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDBA View Post
Funny you say that. I was considering buying them until a guy at my gym told be that they're too soft and don't offer enough protection for your hands. Weird.
they are the house glove at my gym. almost everyone has a pair in their arsenal. maybe your friend doesn't have the 18's like I do and the 16's are less padded? i dont know, but i kinda doubt it. these gloves are very well padded and are high quality! i recommend them.
mspiegelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:16 AM #8
!! Shown

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 183,935,345,503,036.00
Total Points: 183,998,749,429,599.91
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUHL View Post
Hey, just about to order some more gloves, gonna get some Grant Pro training gloves in all white, 16 oz. just curious to see what you guys think of them? i have Reyes and ultimate classic training gloves now, how do they compare to them?
Bottom line. Your sparring partners will absolutely hate you. They are hard as a rock, and feel like getting hit in the face with a basketball. Great gloves though. Great on your hands.

The lining has some durability issues though.
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 AM #9
Banned

KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 196,885.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

how can you guys afford so much ****???

oh wait i guess you all work huh?

but damn i got trunks, wraps, singlets, boxing shoes, headgear

and i couldnt get 16's too much money so i have to use the gyms supply of gloves for sparring lol
KostyaTszyu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:52 AM #10
Lifestyle Random

Actus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond reputeActus Reus 21 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 63,547,049.45
Total Points: 63,616,198.89
Happy b-day homey - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
Bottom line. Your sparring partners will absolutely hate you. They are hard as a rock, and feel like getting hit in the face with a basketball. Great gloves though. Great on your hands.

The lining has some durability issues though.
yes it sure does ive seen the inside of grants rip alot
Actus Reus 21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
gloves, grant, professional, training

User Tag List