No announcement yet.

Why Does Roy . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Roy . . .

Train with Reyes Gloves, but always Fight with Grant gloves??

(I know this is prolly a question only roy can answer, but I want to kno yall thoughts on this)

Seems like you'd train in the brand of gloves you're gonna fight with

Maybe one brand is good protection for the hands (and the sparring partner), and the other is good for knocking people out in fights?

Or maybe he's milking two sponsorships at once

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
      Maybe one brand is good protection for the hands (and the sparring partner), and the other is good for knocking people out in fights?

I'm guessing the latter, I haven't got to use them yet but I've heard Reyes are pretty rough on your sparring partners haha, and for protection they aren't bad but nowhere near winning. Again that just the general consensus on here but I think he probably gets paid the BIG (http://grantboxing.com/) bucks for lacing up those Grants on fight night.

Comment

He said he likes grant gloves because i been usin them for years, and they make his gloves costume to match his trunks (color wise)

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
          Seems like you'd train in the brand of gloves you're gonna fight with
          The only time you would want different types of gloves for training and fighting is if you had one brand like Winning for training because they have more protection for your hands, and then Reyes for fights because they are "punchers gloves".

Roy is doing it backwards, he's got the punchers gloves for training and the ones with more protection for fighting.

Only he knows why I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post

reyes gloves are very tough on sparring partners. grants are hard-hitting too, but definitely offer more hand protection than reyes. i have tried sparred in and against fighters wearing both. i own grant training gloves. i dont see why he would use reyes in sparring either.

also, roy often uses reyes cups in fights, even though he wears grant gloves. he did so against tarver. some prefer reyes cups because they have a deeper cup and are a little bit more supportive than the grants wear it counts.

Comment

Reyes is the punchers glove but they also mould perfectly to the hand for a perfect fit that feels more erotic than a Durex Featherlite condom. On fight night you have to wear new gloves so that doesn't matter anymore. Plus fights are more intense, so Grant would offer more protection as there isn't enough time for the Reyes to mould! roy can still punch with Grant's, and they also have alot more padding on back of hand which is handy for blocking.

Someone mentioned something about endorsements. I doubt Grant are paying (like they are to B-Hop who also wears their boots and shorts) because he wouldn't be allowed to have different gloves for training and a seperate sponsorship for that would be bizzare! He might be getting free gloves from them both but I doubt he has any endorsement deals. it's like having adidas deal for boots, and Nike for shorts. it would be a first!

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                Reyes is the punchers glove but they also mould perfectly to the hand for a perfect fit that feels more erotic than a Durex Featherlite condom. On fight night you have to wear new gloves so that doesn't matter anymore. Plus fights are more intense, so Grant would offer more protection as there isn't enough time for the Reyes to mould! roy can still punch with Grant's, and they also have alot more padding on back of hand which is handy for blocking.

Someone mentioned something about endorsements. I doubt Grant are paying (like they are to B-Hop who also wears their boots and shorts) because he wouldn't be allowed to have different gloves for training and a seperate sponsorship for that would be bizzare! He might be getting free gloves from them both but I doubt he has any endorsement deals. it's like having adidas deal for boots, and Nike for shorts. it would be a first!

roy saids something about him being endorsed by grant when they did a last minute change of gloves on him for the tito fight

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post

yea ok. roy and bernard definitely have endorsements with grant as does calzaghe, klitschko, jcc jr. and a few others.

roy gets paid, probably not a lot but something, as well as gets all the free grant gear he needs....

Comment

Working...
                  X