Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-28-2008, 03:16 PM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Roy Jones 3rd is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,640.73
Default Amateur boxing help

I am a long time boxing fan but I am new to the sport myself and i want to start amateur boxing. I am 22, 5'9, and weight 194. I wanna lose weight to get down to 180 where i noticed the people are more my height. My question here is what can I do to get myself in fighting shape at home? I don't want to walk into a boxing gym and just not be ready. I just started running and i can only run 1 mile as of right now and i do that one time a week. So what type of tips can you guys give me? Did you guys have to buy head gear, boxing gloves, and shoes or do the gym provide them?
Roy Jones 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM #2
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,060,517.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Most gyms provide it. If I were you, I would just find a gym and join it right away, but if you really don't want to do that, just start doing bodyweight exercises and ab work at home. Run like you do, but after a while, increase it to 2 times a week, then 3 times, then 2 times by 2 miles, etc.

As for bodyweight exercises, start with 100 pushups a day in sets. Do about 100 situps, 100 crunches, and some other ab exercises if you can. Swim if you have access to a pool. There's plenty of other stuff you can do at home, but I need more information like your current fitness level and what things you got at home to work with.

Good luck.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM #3
Amateur

Roy Jones 3rd is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 4,640.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhenkoy View Post
Most gyms provide it. If I were you, I would just find a gym and join it right away, but if you really don't want to do that, just start doing bodyweight exercises and ab work at home. Run like you do, but after a while, increase it to 2 times a week, then 3 times, then 2 times by 2 miles, etc.

As for bodyweight exercises, start with 100 pushups a day in sets. Do about 100 situps, 100 crunches, and some other ab exercises if you can. Swim if you have access to a pool. There's plenty of other stuff you can do at home, but I need more information like your current fitness level and what things you got at home to work with.
Good luck.
Thanks imma join the local YMCA it has a full gym, pool and track so thats where i will get in shape at. thanks for you help.
Roy Jones 3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
amateur, boxing

User Tag List