Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 AM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
stimpyoman is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,651.48
Default Can someone give me some advice

I started boxing when I was 14 but I never been to a gym. But I learned how to box by reading a lot of books on boxing and also been to websites that teach boxing techniques. I also study a lot boxing tapes. I got all of the boxing equipment at home to train (gloves,bags,etc.). I know all the basics and believe I know a good amount of advanced stuff. A former boxer saw me shadow and he thought I already been boxing for a while. I am 16 now.So far this is my routine.
Mornings: 1 hour run 6 1/2 -7 1/2 Miles 3 days outta the week

Evenings:
3 hour workout
Includes pushups, situps,shadowboxing,heavybag work,double end bag work,speedbag work, jump rope,medicine ball work ,stretches and other little exercises.
Now I think I am ready to go to gym. How good do you think I will fare with the other guys at the gym.I wil appreciate some advice from some expienced boxers or trainers and do you think 16 is too late and I should forget about wanting to become a world champion. Please reply.
stimpyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-13-2008, 01:24 AM #2
Up and Comer

cibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,712.45

haha...ok...
if there is any hope for the rest of us out there....
then there sure as hell better be hope for you!!
cibola4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:28 AM #3
Contender

Stimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to all
Bank: 14,133.96
Total Points: 32,745.49
Send a message via AIM to Stimpy

interesting account name!
Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 AM #4
Banned

KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 202,102.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

mate you sound more than ready lol, you should of gone to a gym ages ago lol. definetely get down there its not too late
KostyaTszyu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:27 AM #5
Contender

JC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 6,979.17

If you're running that often you shouldn't have any problems; that kind of aerobic base conditioning will give you a huge leg up. Get to the gym and post how it goes!!!
JC Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 AM #6
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
mate you sound more than ready lol, you should of gone to a gym ages ago lol. definetely get down there its not too late
Thank you for the advice.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 AM #7
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Warrior View Post
If you're running that often you shouldn't have any problems; that kind of aerobic base conditioning will give you a huge leg up. Get to the gym and post how it goes!!!
Thank you for the advice. I think the the nerves before and during a fight will be the most difficult for me.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:40 AM #8
"BAD NEWS"

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond reputeFIGHTING_FLIP has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 460,240.56

man you sound just like me! except i started boxing when i was 9 but didnt go to a gym till i was 15 (im 16 now)..i regret it...i had everything at home..double end bags, punching bags, speed bags, everything..untill i finally went to a gym..let me tell you this, you may think you know alot from reading books and watching boxing ( i thought i did ) but you dont..untill you join a gym, you will begin to learn the real **** and will feel smarter about boxing. join a gym man while you still young
FIGHTING_FLIP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
noe astorga

User Tag List