Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 PM #1
Mother Russia

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,064,043.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy
Default Mood changes

Do you all get changes in mood when you're training hard for a fight. I personally never had trained for a fight, but when I first started boxing and went to the gym for 2 months, I was completely dedicated to my training, and rarely talked to my friends and family. I would come home from school, stretch, head out to the gym, train for at least 3 hours, and come home to dinner and homework. Even if my parents or friends wanted to talk, I kind of laconically answered their questions, and never really showed any desire to talk. It wasn't really that I was pissed at them, but I was just too focused on my boxing and training.

Anybody else have this? Even before starting boxing, I always saw dedicated boxers as being more introverted people; more to themselves, not very excited in front of people, not very loud and expressive of emotions.

Don't get my wrong. I'm not talking about depression or psychological disorders here; just when I trained hard, I hardly wanted a lot of human interaction.

Anyone here is also like this?
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2008, 08:52 PM #2
Banned

KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 202,097.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

sometimes, but i usually still make time for other things if im training hard
KostyaTszyu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:29 AM #3
Up and Comer

remorseless08 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 14,334.80

i sometimes get like that but make an effort. dont you ever get home after you have sparred real good or trained real good in a good mood and want to talk to everyone. Thats what boxing does for me it makes me happy if im going well and can make me unhappy if im injured or had a bad session or fight.
remorseless08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:23 AM #4
Contender

JC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 6,979.17

Being that introverted can be a huge asset in the tournament environment or the week leading up to a fight. Beyond that, however, you're risking burning yourself out with that much intense concentration. When you're not in training mode you should definitely take time to unwind, even if it means forcing yourself to be more sociable. Your brain will still process boxing without thinking about it 24/7. Giving yourself that time to relax and be *away* from boxing mentally though will give your brain more rest. Rest is as important to any training program as actual exercise. And as any fighter will tell you being strong mentally is more important than being strong physically. Part of being strong mentally is being able to relax that intensity when it isn't required.

Hope that makes sense.
JC Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:20 AM #5
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Warrior View Post
Being that introverted can be a huge asset in the tournament environment or the week leading up to a fight. Beyond that, however, you're risking burning yourself out with that much intense concentration. When you're not in training mode you should definitely take time to unwind, even if it means forcing yourself to be more sociable. Your brain will still process boxing without thinking about it 24/7. Giving yourself that time to relax and be *away* from boxing mentally though will give your brain more rest. Rest is as important to any training program as actual exercise. And as any fighter will tell you being strong mentally is more important than being strong physically. Part of being strong mentally is being able to relax that intensity when it isn't required.

Hope that makes sense.
Good read, JC. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,656,754,812,901.84
Total Points: 4,656,823,044,562.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by remorseless08 View Post
dont you ever get home after you have sparred real good or trained real good in a good mood and want to talk to everyone
haha yeah im hell of like that too.
oaklandstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM #7
Contender

Luke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond reputeLuke.l.08 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 468,961.57
Total Points: 522,799.12
Gay and Lesbian Pride - shade darkar AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shade darkar 

sometimes, but i also find that if im ill or fell sick or have a headache as soon as im in the gym it all goes
Luke.l.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 AM #8
Up and Comer

laurinsane8 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 20,352.12

Well I just didn't have a lot of time for extra human interactions. I was working construction getting up at 5am. I'd hit the gym around 4pm finish up around 6pm. Get home around 6:30 shower eat. So by the time that was done it was time to go to bed.

But make time for people especially on the weekends. If you're working full-time and training it is hard during the week. Especially when you're really dedicated to you training.
laurinsane8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM #9
Contender

sweet*science will become famous soon enoughsweet*science will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 12,847.12
Send a message via AIM to sweet*science Send a message via Yahoo to sweet*science

I find myself getting more like that since I have a fight soon. In general I am more reserved but now even more. Just trying to train hard and focus with little outside interruption ya know.
sweet*science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 PM #10
Mother Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet*science View Post
I find myself getting more like that since I have a fight soon. In general I am more reserved but now even more. Just trying to train hard and focus with little outside interruption ya know.
Yeah that's what I mean. I'm pretty reserved as well, even without boxing. Boxing just makes me more so.

Share This With Friends

Tags
mood

User Tag List