Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-12-2008, 08:40 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 202,862.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 
Default left hand out

i notice that having the left hand stretched out, tapping the opponents gloves and peppering them with jabs is very popular in the amateurs, i use it myself in sparring and that and notice nearly every world class am uses it. i think its a very effective and useful technique. does anyone here use it?
KostyaTszyu44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 PM #2
Banned

P4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond reputeP4PKING_2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 968.46
Total Points: 531,220.10
No Message - azza here ya go Chris - TheDemdzasGhost 5KP - RichLoc cunt - reedickyaluss please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
Send a message via MSN to P4PKING_2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
i notice that having the left hand stretched out, tapping the opponents gloves and peppering them with jabs is very popular in the amateurs, i use it myself in sparring and that and notice nearly every world class am uses it. i think its a very effective and useful technique. does anyone here use it?
Called 'Olympic Stance' iirc. It is illegal in the pro's. And can seen as slapping most refs will stop you from doing it.
P4PKING_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:59 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 595,598.67

yes it's pretty effective, I even saw one person on here post a vid of his amateur fight and the idiot referee stopping him from using it.
dfwtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:48 PM #4
Banned

KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute

what? but so many ams use it......kostya tszyu used it to in the pros and ams so i dont think its illegal in the pros
Old 07-13-2008, 02:44 AM #5
Banned

Talon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond reputeTalon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 366,046.79
Your great - Tek My Pounches 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 

can someone post an example
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 AM #6
Banned

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

tszyu uses it a bit here in his stunning KO of zab judah
Old 07-13-2008, 03:32 AM #7
Contender

JC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the roughJC Warrior is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,022.17

Just leaving it out like an extension isn't illegal if you're using it as a jab or closed fist punch and not pawing/slapping with it. The downside to it in the pros is how open you are to a counter cross over the top of it. Unless you have the reflexes of Roy Jones you're going to be in no position to defend yourself from the overhand cross and likely get touched a few times trying to bring your lead hand back.

In all my years in boxing I've only seen it useful to speedy fighters and it's usefulness is debateable. Kostya was definitely the exception and not the rule when it came to employing that technique. How he managed to use it to the effect he did, who knows. But I must stress how unfundamentaly sound it is and I think it is a terrible way to keep oneself protected.
JC Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 AM #8
War Machine

King James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond reputeKing James III has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,278.03
Total Points: 47,845.71

Yea it all depends on who ur fighting. We train to slap the hand down when people hold the left jab out like that...so u would pretty much be a sitting duck for a overhand right
King James III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 AM #9
!! Shown

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 750,373,326,050,718.25
Total Points: 750,436,730,025,775.38
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power No Message - whoelsebutjames 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Warrior View Post
Just leaving it out like an extension isn't illegal if you're using it as a jab or closed fist punch and not pawing/slapping with it. The downside to it in the pros is how open you are to a counter cross over the top of it. Unless you have the reflexes of Roy Jones you're going to be in no position to defend yourself from the overhand cross and likely get touched a few times trying to bring your lead hand back.

In all my years in boxing I've only seen it useful to speedy fighters and it's usefulness is debateable. Kostya was definitely the exception and not the rule when it came to employing that technique. How he managed to use it to the effect he did, who knows. But I must stress how unfundamentaly sound it is and I think it is a terrible way to keep oneself protected.
Yes it is, if you leave it out you will get warned for measuring. They are very strict about that. If you keep it out you have to keep it moving so they can't call you for measuring.

If you use it to tap the right hand, you don't have to worry about getting hit with right hands because their right hand has to get past your left which is stuffing their right in order to hit you.

You have to bring your glove from up high though or they will swat it down and counter over with a right hand, but if you bring it from high you are safe.
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 AM #10
!! Shown

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 750,373,326,050,718.25
Total Points: 750,436,730,025,775.38
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power No Message - whoelsebutjames 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James III View Post
Yea it all depends on who ur fighting. We train to slap the hand down when people hold the left jab out like that...so u would pretty much be a sitting duck for a overhand right
Be careful when you do that, eventually you will come across a converted southpaw that is setting up a left hook after you pull down down the extended left so make sure the motion is fluid where you don't really pull the arm down but deflect it down in your punching motion.
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
hand, left

User Tag List