Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-10-2008, 09:33 PM #1
Mother Russia

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,061,041.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy
Default Reasons for starting boxing

When and why did you all start boxing?

I had to permanently stop playing football a year ago, so I took up fitness training and conditioning to get into good shape. Then I took up boxing because I always admired it, and wanted to reach another level of self-discipline and pushing my limits. I start this past January, at the age of 17.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 PM #2
Contender

d_lyrik803 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 10,412.30

i watched a lot of MMA since high school and well i pretty much did a few arts, such as Judo, Mua Thai, and Jits, but never tried boxing. when i tried boxing out, i think it was the ultimate sport, it made me more tired than anything else i did combat wise, and probably athletically wise also. i met a friend that was amateur, he taught me a few things then i didn't see him for a while then i saw a gym which had a sign that said Palm Beach Boxing, checked it out, and was sold on it.

now that i admire boxing so much, when i watch MMA fights (still a fan), i ***** at their boxing skills, if any at all.
d_lyrik803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM #3
Mother Russia

sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,061,041.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_lyrik803 View Post
i watched a lot of MMA since high school and well i pretty much did a few arts, such as Judo, Mua Thai, and Jits, but never tried boxing. when i tried boxing out, i think it was the ultimate sport, it made me more tired than anything else i did combat wise, and probably athletically wise also. i met a friend that was amateur, he taught me a few things then i didn't see him for a while then i saw a gym which had a sign that said Palm Beach Boxing, checked it out, and was sold on it.

now that i admire boxing so much, when i watch MMA fights (still a fan), i ***** at their boxing skills, if any at all.
As a matter of fact, I also watched a lot of UFC on the tele before starting boxing. Boxing seemed more of a man's sport though; UFC basically comes down to grown men humping one another on the ground, much like wrestling.
sukhenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 AM #4
Contender

DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,967,712.84
Total Points: 1,993,078.06

I started at the beginning of last year at the age of 31.
I did it because I wanted to loose weight and get fit, and I thought Boxers were the fittest out there so I would train like them.
by the end of last year I had lost 20kg (44lb).

I had no intentions of boxing.
But now I spar more rounds than most in the gym, me and another guy get used as the work horses in the gym.

I still have a couple of years left to make the Amateurs so I might give it a go.

DMC
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 AM #5
Pressure busts Pipes!!

JoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond reputeJoHnNyBoXeR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,393,510.30
Total Points: 23,592,692.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhenkoy View Post
When and why did you all start boxing?

I had to permanently stop playing football a year ago, so I took up fitness training and conditioning to get into good shape. Then I took up boxing because I always admired it, and wanted to reach another level of self-discipline and pushing my limits. I start this past January, at the age of 17.
when i was younger like 9, 10, 11, 12 years old I was an athelte.. I won basketball tournaments, kid marathons and iron man competitions and swimming and running at this summer camp i used to go to.. i was the man.. and everyone would chant my last name and that was the greatest feelin i ever had in my life.. then as a teenager i got in with the wrong crowd got in some toruble did some bad thins and never got around to boxing when i wanted to do it at 17.. now at 21 i satrted 2 months ago and i did 3 weeks of sparring.. i want that glory back.. winning

also in my avatar thats my great grandfather he came to america from Ireland in 1905 or somthin like that and was a pro boxer and a pretty big name in NY back in his day.. i found that pic on the internet of him..
JoHnNyBoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 193,574.01

I was scared of getting hit.
fraidycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 AM #7
Smokin'

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 449,207,753,847,783.19
Total Points: 451,492,569,400,166.62
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

In my area growing up if you did sports it was either football, basketball, baseball, or hockey and I played those but i was about average. And the kids who were the superstars at those sports locally were the popular people. So i basically said to myself '**** that iam tougher then those kids' that and i already had a desire to box all my life.
Danny Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 AM #8
Up and Comer

cibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond reputecibola4 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,469.45

i had always wanted to box....
but my mom had told me against it
because she worked with a manager whose whole family boxed
and one night the whole family except the dad got murdered in there house...
so to keep my mom happy i have kept away
but now...
im old enough to make my own decisions...
and im sorry mom...
but this is something i just feel like i have to do!!!!
I Cant Wait To Get In That Ring!!!

-see ya at the 2012 olympics!!
haha...
hopefully!!
cibola4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:15 AM #9
Contender

rmz has a spectacular aura aboutrmz has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 66,823.61

It's exciting and it tests all your abilities - physical, mental, and emotional. I like the technical skill involved in boxing as well as the conditioning aspects.
rmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 AM #10
Up and Comer

Paardekopski is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 2,746.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWater39 View Post
also in my avatar thats my great grandfather he came to america from Ireland in 1905 or somthin like that and was a pro boxer and a pretty big name in NY back in his day.. i found that pic on the internet of him..
That's so cool! Somehow I always think 'back in the day' boxers were even tougher...

I picked up boxing, cause it's great fun, difficult to master, and a great workout.
Paardekopski is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List