Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-10-2008, 07:41 AM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
COLINSRI is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,037.60
Default does hitting the bag build muscles?

Hi,

I weight lift and know that fatigue and diet = increased muscle mass. Thing is if the reps are over 10 before fatigue...your body will not grow (why should it? it can handle the weight easily enough without growing)

However, peeps seem to get amazing physics from bag work alone.......whats your opinion on this?
COLINSRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 AM #2
Up and Comer

laurinsane8 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 20,168.12

I never lifted when I boxed and I got pretty jacked on that alone. There was a Pro at my gym and he said, weight lifters lift weights boxers box. He was pure muscle too, 6 pack and everything.

So to answer your question can you build muscle hitting the bag alone? Damn right you can.
laurinsane8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:28 AM #3
Contender

FlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond reputeFlaminGuru has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 73,333.54
dilla donuts! - el guason456 

for me the heavy bag, i lost fat around my arms, and because of that, i got so much speed, and power. I can feel the snap when i throw jabs or hooks on the bag.

PLus the fact i've used the bag for over 2 years, the only muscle i got was the cut on the sides of my arms, and my forearms.
FlaminGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List