Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2017, 05:14 AM #1
Mirko Troll Cop Mirko Troll Cop is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,718
Quoted: 5282 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Mirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,001,000,743,748.81
Bank: 1,254.49
Total Points: 1,001,000,745,003.30
Stop crying - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Lmaooooo getting owned again - El-blanco Lmao - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco 
No Message - El-blanco Add it to your list - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Make your sig bigger - El-blanco 
Thanks for the promotion - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco you big dummy - dirty fingers Update the list - El-blanco 
Put an ' in phaggots you retard, it's possessive  in that context - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun 
Default How Is Watching Ward or Rigo boring?

I never say Golovkin's skills are horrid, he's a great fighter, but his mgmt and matchmaking choices, along with GGg approving has always been suspect. It would've already been cool had Golovkin been knee deep as a 168 Champ for the last 4 years, assuming his values and ambitions superseded bureaucracy in his division. Because Alvarez can't be blamed for Golovkin's outcome, that is fact. When there's nothing left to do in a division that is criticized as being weak then why stay?

Now you might say, "why does he need to move up, can't making weight is the reason boxers move up..." etc...

You see the problem with that theory is, and as we've been trolling for who knows how long, but we didn't say - Golovkin and team did - that making 154-168 was easy. This is why Cobra made a good sarcastic comment along with others that Golovkin is a small Middleweight... Maybe Golovkin's frame could bottle 167, but no way in hell is he a small Middleweight. Dude be looking big in walk around weight pictures and interviews. Again another protective charade from what aura?

Therefore, let's see the fights boxing fans would want! Call out Lara the way Thurman challenged Garcia to be careful coming to 147... Why does Golovkin get exemption and benefit of the doubt for what his fans want, not what's best for him, because boxing can be better than a network trolling highlights of boxers always expected to win against cheap opposition, so yeah let's exploit power already proven in a division...

Set examples to be more great, don't milk sitting in a division unless you're truly full of sht.

With all that being said, in theory, doesn't that make Golvokin boring? Hence all the throwback on him? How do you expect fans of many styles to react when you say Ward or Rigo are boring? That's why Judges are there, with the professional outlook from ams to pro. That's up to them to decide. It takes both to engage. If a fighter has proven his skills in countering with great compubox, that must count for something right? You guys give compubox stats a pass with ggg, yet you discredit others considered p4p.

Isn't this all suspect that many haters are really just UFC fans?

Last edited by Mirko Troll Cop; 05-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Mirko Troll Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-14-2017, 05:56 AM #2
dannnnn dannnnn is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 531
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
dannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond reputedannnnn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,146,673.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,146,673.75
Default

You ask a question about Ward and Rigondeaux yet make the whole post about Golovkin lol.

The answer is that Ward and Rigondeaux are not in any way similar and therefore different people find them boring for different reasons.

Rigondeaux doesn't always have a high punch output and is content with boxing in second gear if his opponent can't force more out of him. Personally I don't find him boring to watch because his movement is sublime and his skillfulness is impressive regardless of who he's facing- same as Mayweather.

Ward, on the other hand is one of the few top level boxers who I find boring to watch and will not do so unless he's in with another top level opponent. He wins but he wins ugly. He's like a young version of an old Hopkins. He spoils and nullifies his opponent any way he can and that just isn't impressive to watch unfortunately. The only time I can say I was truly impressed by Ward was the Dawson fight where he looked great, but apart from that his fights are messy and oftentimes a chore to sit through. He deserves respect of course because he gets the win and that's what counts. He was undoubtedly the best at 168 during his time there and then stepped up to face the best at 175, putting up a valiant effort. He lost to Kovalev though, clearly, and I think getting that gift decision is what has caused a lot of hate to come his way just like it did to Bradley after the first Pacquiao fight. If the decision had been correct he would have been praised for getting off the canvas and going twelve rounds with one of the most fearsome chamions in boxing right now, but it wasn't and now he's feeling the brunt of that.
dannnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:58 AM #3
soul_survivor soul_survivor is online now
LOL @ Ali-Holmes
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Planet Oberon
Posts: 14,032
Quoted: 3499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,058,110,556,313,600.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,313,600.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 
Default

Rigo can be fluid at times and has good movement so he is not entirely boring but his attitude is piss poor and he has fought sub par opponents for almost the entirety of his career and failed to produce top quality performances. He barely looks for a KO against opponents who can't even punch, he is content with the bare minimum work rate etc and deserves to be criticised for it.

Ward on the other hand is an ugly, UGLY fighter to watch. He holds, pushes his elbows out, butts, rubs his forearms on opponents and has one set of punches: jab, jab, right hand and elbow. Sometimes he slaps with his left hook. It is just an ugly style and if you claim to like it then you are a liar or dislike boxing. Simple as that. I said it before the KOv fight, Ward is a one dimensional fighter. Yes he is strong and normally has a good inside game but when someone can negate that, he has literally nothing, so you can't even cite high boxing IQ because he does not have it.

Terrible, terrible fighter.
soul_survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:02 AM #4
Thraxox Thraxox is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,600
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,992,529,648.49
Bank: 10,122,400,000.00
Total Points: 12,114,929,648.49
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
Rigo can be fluid at times and has good movement so he is not entirely boring but his attitude is piss poor and he has fought sub par opponents for almost the entirety of his career and failed to produce top quality performances. He barely looks for a KO against opponents who can't even punch, he is content with the bare minimum work rate etc and deserves to be criticised for it.

Ward on the other hand is an ugly, UGLY fighter to watch. He holds, pushes his elbows out, butts, rubs his forearms on opponents and has one set of punches: jab, jab, right hand and elbow. Sometimes he slaps with his left hook. It is just an ugly style and if you claim to like it then you are a liar or dislike boxing. Simple as that. I said it before the KOv fight, Ward is a one dimensional fighter. Yes he is strong and normally has a good inside game but when someone can negate that, he has literally nothing, so you can't even cite high boxing IQ because he does not have it.

Terrible, terrible fighter.
Rigo can be enjoyable by watching him make the opponent Miss. But when he does nothing good lord he cab stunk out the joint. Do you want more rigondeaux 's Francisco bouts?

The only Ward fight that I had enjoyed was against Carl froch and that's it for me.
Thraxox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:14 AM #5
soul_survivor soul_survivor is online now
LOL @ Ali-Holmes
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Planet Oberon
Posts: 14,032
Quoted: 3499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,058,110,556,313,600.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,313,600.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxox View Post
Rigo can be enjoyable by watching him make the opponent Miss. But when he does nothing good lord he cab stunk out the joint. Do you want more rigondeaux 's Francisco bouts?

The only Ward fight that I had enjoyed was against Carl froch and that's it for me.
Yeah, the Froch fight was ok.

With Rigo, I feel it is a mental thing. He just doesnt want to go the extra mile and it has shown him in destroying his own career.
soul_survivor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:45 AM #6
Mirko Troll Cop Mirko Troll Cop is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,718
Quoted: 5282 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Mirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,001,000,743,748.81
Bank: 1,254.49
Total Points: 1,001,000,745,003.30
Stop crying - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Lmaooooo getting owned again - El-blanco Lmao - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco 
No Message - El-blanco Add it to your list - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Make your sig bigger - El-blanco 
Thanks for the promotion - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco you big dummy - dirty fingers Update the list - El-blanco 
Put an ' in phaggots you retard, it's possessive  in that context - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannnnn View Post
You ask a question about Ward and Rigondeaux yet make the whole post about Golovkin lol.

The answer is that Ward and Rigondeaux are not in any way similar and therefore different people find them boring for different reasons.

Rigondeaux doesn't always have a high punch output and is content with boxing in second gear if his opponent can't force more out of him. Personally I don't find him boring to watch because his movement is sublime and his skillfulness is impressive regardless of who he's facing- same as Mayweather.

Ward, on the other hand is one of the few top level boxers who I find boring to watch and will not do so unless he's in with another top level opponent. He wins but he wins ugly. He's like a young version of an old Hopkins. He spoils and nullifies his opponent any way he can and that just isn't impressive to watch unfortunately. The only time I can say I was truly impressed by Ward was the Dawson fight where he looked great, but apart from that his fights are messy and oftentimes a chore to sit through. He deserves respect of course because he gets the win and that's what counts. He was undoubtedly the best at 168 during his time there and then stepped up to face the best at 175, putting up a valiant effort. He lost to Kovalev though, clearly, and I think getting that gift decision is what has caused a lot of hate to come his way just like it did to Bradley after the first Pacquiao fight. If the decision had been correct he would have been praised for getting off the canvas and going twelve rounds with one of the most fearsome chamions in boxing right now, but it wasn't and now he's feeling the brunt of that.
But isn't it the hurt business? Go the distance, hit and not get hit? Going in with Kova isn't easy with that limited space called a ring. Kovalev was getting hit by shots on the face as was Ward? People said the same thing about Cruz Frampton. I had the original with Cruz winning and gen later decided it a draw. Franpton was getting blasted by some nicely timed counters or offensive by Cruz, but nobody amplified that performance by Cruz. So then we got bout #2 and that's all she wrote
Mirko Troll Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:43 AM #7
Ham Porter Ham Porter is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,532
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
Ham Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond reputeHam Porter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,005,123,914.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,123,914.41
Default

TS is the sort of guy who'd spend his entire best man speech talking about how much he hated Gennady Golovkin.
Ham Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:54 AM #8
GGG Gloveking GGG Gloveking is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 3,266
Quoted: 2260 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 62,250.46
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 62,250.46
:beerchug: - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Porter View Post
TS is the sort of guy who'd spend his entire best man speech talking about how much he hated Gennady Golovkin.
Here's to Jimmy and Brenda, may they have a long, happy marriage.

Let me start by saying Golovkin should have manned up and fought Ward at 175. Golovkins management sucks and his trainer talks out his ass. He should have fought Lara at 154, Canelo at 155, Ramirez at 168, Froch at 172, and Ward at 175. His fans are irritating too.

Once again, here's to Jimmy and Brenda..
GGG Gloveking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:13 AM #9
Mirko Troll Cop Mirko Troll Cop is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,718
Quoted: 5282 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Mirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,001,000,743,748.81
Bank: 1,254.49
Total Points: 1,001,000,745,003.30
Stop crying - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Lmaooooo getting owned again - El-blanco Lmao - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco 
No Message - El-blanco Add it to your list - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Make your sig bigger - El-blanco 
Thanks for the promotion - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco you big dummy - dirty fingers Update the list - El-blanco 
Put an ' in phaggots you retard, it's possessive  in that context - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Porter View Post
TS is the sort of guy who'd spend his entire best man speech talking about how much he hated Gennady Golovkin.
sure, but I would trade ''hate'' for ''trolling'' because again I'm p4p #1 on NSB wanting GGG to be a 2 division champ, I guess I have to say that about 1000 times to make my point across. Don'T you want him to do his thing against DeGale or Ramirez etc?

And I'd trade ''entire'' from just 2015-2018.. until then, I'll enjoy Wilder's challenge to better fame and see how far other great p4p fighters will do in the upcoming years. don't get soft uploading Nickelodeon style pictures for your avatar and ''hating'' opinions towards your wall posters
Mirko Troll Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:14 AM #10
Mirko Troll Cop Mirko Troll Cop is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,718
Quoted: 5282 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Mirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond reputeMirko Troll Cop has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,001,000,743,748.81
Bank: 1,254.49
Total Points: 1,001,000,745,003.30
Stop crying - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Lmaooooo getting owned again - El-blanco Lmao - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco 
No Message - El-blanco Add it to your list - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco Make your sig bigger - El-blanco 
Thanks for the promotion - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco you big dummy - dirty fingers Update the list - El-blanco 
Put an ' in phaggots you retard, it's possessive  in that context - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco cheers for Polish girls - Canelo and GGG Bigdramashow! DIZ BOX! - 1hourRun 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
Here's to Jimmy and Brenda, may they have a long, happy marriage.

Let me start by saying Golovkin should have manned up and fought Ward at 175. Golovkins management sucks and his trainer talks out his ass. He should have fought Lara at 154, Canelo at 155, Ramirez at 168, Froch at 172, and Ward at 175. His fans are irritating too.

Once again, here's to Jimmy and Brenda..
Why say 175?! Oops that was Abel Sanchez.. you could'Ve just said 168... wait...
Mirko Troll Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
boring?, rigo, ward, watching

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.