No announcement yet.

my next opponent...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my next opponent...

I had the pleasure of seeing him fight Saturday night. He reminded me a lot of Zab Judah, hes a fast southpaw. They didnt say his record but after watching him im assuming its good. He was very fast and stook mainly to one-twos mixing them up nicely, body head, head body, body body, head head, you know. He was very active and was pretty much always punching for the 3 rounds he fought. He didnt seem very strong but he was fast as hell. The kid he fought i seen fight before and was no slouch, and he easily dominated him.

Im at the fight with a bunch of my boys and they are all telling me this kid will kick my as$. So later on in the show i seen the kid and his trainer/promotor of the event. I introduced myself and told him hes a very good fighter and i would love to fight him. He said hes seen me fight before actually last year in the Rocky Marciano tourament, but we were a weight class apart then. I won the tournament, and apparently he won too. I didnt watch any of the other fights there i was too focused on myself.

moral of the story is, we might be fightin in late August- early September. I cant do it any sooner because some things going on and i wont be around. But his trainer said hes putting on an MMA show in late August or September and it will have boxing as well and when the time comes around and we are still up for the fight he sees no problem with matching us up.

Hopefully it can happen. I love the idea of knowing who my opponent is, and i seen him fight! I reay hope we can get matched up. Im so motivated for that fight its ridiculous. Hell i should make fukin lead up episodes on you tube lol.

good luck brother, my best advice if you know you're fighting a speed guy is work your ass off on the double end, speed bag, and anything else your gym has for timing.

Comment

War Souza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Record the fight b.

Comment

good luck mate

Comment

Main thing im looking to do is neutralize his one-twos. Like when he goes to jab me, i want to slip it and shoot a right hand as soon as i see his fist coming. Easier said than done but im gona work on it. I just know hes a good fighter so im so motivated to fight him its ridiculous. Im talking jogging every morning, eating right, hitting the gym 5-6 days a week. This kids as$ is mine lol. But my main goal is to get comfortable against southpaws and work on stopping one-twos.

you might just see some build up/hype vids if i can get them going. Just for extra pressure/motivation for myself to perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by La Maravilla View Post
              Main thing im looking to do is neutralize his one-twos. Like when he goes to jab me, i want to slip it and shoot a right hand as soon as i see his fist coming. Easier said than done but im gona work on it. I just know hes a good fighter so im so motivated to fight him its ridiculous. Im talking jogging every morning, eating right, hitting the gym 5-6 days a week. This kids as$ is mine lol. But my main goal is to get comfortable against southpaws and work on stopping one-twos.

you might just see some build up/hype vids if i can get them going. Just for extra pressure/motivation for myself to perform well.
              You should be trying to do this regardless of whether you're training for an upcoming fight or not. Nonetheless, best of luck man. You seem motivated to kick some ass.

Comment

how much is a camera so i could film videos. Not all at once though. Like a little here and there and put them together.

?

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                  You should be trying to do this regardless of whether you're training for an upcoming fight or not. Nonetheless, best of luck man. You seem motivated to kick some ass.
                  haha your right. My thing is ive always made weight very easily. I fight only a little bit under my natural weight when not training so its easy. I never eat junk, i havent eaten fast food in almost 5 years. But i do eat pizza sometimes and lots of pollo con arro amarillo and other things like arro con abichuela. Im gonna eat lots of fruit and other good foods, healthy foods, and stay away from pizza and all that.

Thanks, and yea ive never been so motivated in my life!!
                  Last edited by Gato2012; 06-24-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    War Souza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    ya tu sabe, boricua hasta el fin

Comment

Working...
                    X