Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 07-27-2003, 06:35 PM #1
Curly Howard

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0
Default Rumors about the 155 lbs. Division in the UFC

Just read a rumor that the UFC is talking about dropping the lightweight class. If this happens I will NEVER!!!! buy another UFC PPV or post any news about their promotion.

If this is true it would be the dumbest move ever made by the UFC and they have pulled some stupid stuff in the past.
Between the LHW drama and no middleweight or lightweight champ and the poor quality of the last couple of PPV the UFC is right for someone to step up and take over as the #1 MMA promotion in North America. If they are trying to sell the sport to new fans they're really doing a lousy job of it.

I hope this is all just a rumor. It sounds unbelievable but I wouldn't put anything past the "brain trust" of Zuffa entertainment.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-27-2003, 06:57 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 359,906.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris

that would suck
Theres alot of talent at 155 lbs
The UFC has just too damn stupid and have depended on penn and uno in the past, the need to bring in new talent at 155 lbs
Kempo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:13 PM #3
DragonZero

that would be the worst decision they have ever made
Old 07-27-2003, 08:12 PM #4

DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 762,413.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

if this is true, i would hope nothing but the worst for Zuffa entertainment.

keyword: IF

if this is not true, then cool, I hope Zuffa brings out some of the newer talent and tries to build the UFC to its full potential.
DOGGx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:53 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 359,906.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris

if this were to happen i would never be able to fight in the ufc
Kempo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:07 PM #6
DragonZero

question is will he?
Old 07-27-2003, 10:44 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

lightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 53,945.14

I would be pissed at them if they dropped it, I REALLY hope this is just a rumor.
lightweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:49 AM #8
Uninspired Orgasm

Location: In L.A., Where ANYthing south of Wilshire(BLVD) is all hood.
The Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ensanity has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 703,752.00
Send a message via AIM to The Ensanity

thats my 2nd fav weight class...bet not
The Ensanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:53 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Zen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 212,864.00
Send a message via AIM to Zen

Sudo- Edwards- Ludwig- Penn- Thomas- Uno

Enough said. Hope it's bull****.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 01:06 PM #10
Amateur

endo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond reputeendo_choked_me has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,204.00

That would fuicking suck. I think the LW division is full of talent and a lot of potential matchups.
If they do drop the weight clas then another promotion should jump on the oppurtunity to have a few tournaments from 16 to 32 fighters until you get the final 8 and have a Grand Prix of sorts for the LW class.
endo_choked_me is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List