• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nog vs Rodriguez.....READ!!!

PRIDE News:
    Barnett Out of the Scene,
    in Comes Rodriguez
    By Eduardo Alonso

The never-ending tale of Minotauro's opponent for PRIDE's August 10th event may now be finally coming to an end, as one more occurred today. After training for a long time believing he would have to face PRIDE's sensation Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic, former PRIDE Heavyweight champion Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira ended up receiving information he would have to fight former UFC stand out Josh Barnett, in Josh's PRIDE debut. The fight between Minotauro and Barnett, which highly anticipated ever since the American challenged the Brazilian after Nogueira's win over Bob Sapp, is now going to have to wait once again as Josh Barnett decided to take part in a Japanese Pro-Wrestling event and postpone his PRIDE debut for the near future. With that, DSE secured former UFC Heavyweight champion and PRIDE veteran Ricco Rodriguez as Minotauro's opponent, and now negotiations are on in the final stages, with this fight on the verge of being announced at any minute to take place at the PRIDE GP, as a single bout. The interesting side of this match-up is that both fighters already fought each other in a submission wrestling match at the Abu Dhabi tournament once, with Rodriguez beating Minotauro by knee bar. This is a chance for revenge for Nogueira, who recently avenged his only MMA loss (at 1999 RINGS King of Kings) against Dan Henderson in PRIDE 24. The Brazilian fighter is confident in his win and is welcoming this chance to redeem himself in the PRIDE ring. FCF will keep you posted on new developments for the PRIDE August 10th card.

My pick is as always Nog...no matter who he fights.....Rodriguez may be a good, but he is not even in the same league as Nog in terms of MMA........

Comment

I pick Nog too. This is a BJJ fans wet dream.....

Comment

Yep, I'll always pick Nog too, so this time will be no different.

Comment

Nog all the way.

On a side note, I hate Barnett.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner Rhoden
            Nog all the way.

On a side note, I hate Barnett.

Comment

I just got an email from Mino and he is looking foward to this fight.

Of course I would bet my first born on Mino. (If I had one)

Comment

I like both fighters. Ricco will win.

Comment

This makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesaro

I like both fighters. Ricco will win.

Put down the crack pipe.

Comment

Working...
                    X