Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 91,909.03
Default Kalib Starnes Explains.

from fightline.com

Despite reports to the contrary, Kalib Starnes was not protesting his contract with his performance against Nate Quarry...he claims to have broken his foot on the first kick he threw.
"Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight,Ē Starnes told The Fight Network. ďMy leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and heís questioning my desire to fight? If that isnít enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. Iím sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. Thatís too bad. If thatís what they want, theyíre paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in.Ē

Starnes also took exception to comments made by Dana White on Yahoo! Sports claiming that he released Starnes from his UFC contract. Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release the day after the fight.

ď[UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved. Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released.

Starnes also had some parting words for his former boss, UFC president Dana White.

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally. All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldnít be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract Iíve ever been under in my life.Ē
Blair_Wells#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 PM #2
The Don

Don Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,517,851.08
Total Points: 15,685,368.14
This box contains three full years of my shit, made specially for you. - tyson Your journey of  2000 posts begins ... - RiZOOM for 10k post and shit - RichLoc on me... - tyson Ice cream for Jesus and Canada. - MizzzouMan 
Merry Christmas - msagrain thx for the link last night.. - xxjace 4 being a warlord and not giving up in the heat of battle! - The Gully Gad 

That's weird cause he still had his hands to fight with. Then he has the nerve to say he didn't want to be in the contract
Don Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,598,239,290,413,696.00
Total Points: 666,598,239,290,614,784.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
That's weird cause he still had his hands to fight with. Then he has the nerve to say he didn't want to be in the contract
I believe him, this is Dana White we're talking about.
Virgil Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:57 PM #4
The Don

Don Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond reputeDon Corleone has a reputation beyond repute
This box contains three full years of my shit, made specially for you. - tyson Your journey of  2000 posts begins ... - RiZOOM for 10k post and shit - RichLoc on me... - tyson Ice cream for Jesus and Canada. - MizzzouMan 
Merry Christmas - msagrain thx for the link last night.. - xxjace 4 being a warlord and not giving up in the heat of battle! - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baserocks View Post
I believe him, this is Dana White we're talking about.
I understand but he stated that he wasn't going to get his head smashed in for $10,000. Doesn't that kind of seem like he knew he didn't want anything to do with Quarry. Who said he was going to get his head smashed in, he could've atleast gone out with something to show. I understand that fighters in the UFC deserve respect for what they do, but how are you going to expect no one to get mad when you backing up and not throwing any punches. How do you expect to win? Everyone was frustrated and if he didn't want to face Quarry he could've said something. His performance doesn't justify the fact that he says he was injured. I think he was injured because you could see him kinda limping in the ring as he was backing up but atleast he could've said something to his corner
Old 04-22-2008, 07:13 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
I understand but he stated that he wasn't going to get his head smashed in for $10,000. Doesn't that kind of seem like he knew he didn't want anything to do with Quarry. Who said he was going to get his head smashed in, he could've atleast gone out with something to show. I understand that fighters in the UFC deserve respect for what they do, but how are you going to expect no one to get mad when you backing up and not throwing any punches. How do you expect to win? Everyone was frustrated and if he didn't want to face Quarry he could've said something. His performance doesn't justify the fact that he says he was injured. I think he was injured because you could see him kinda limping in the ring as he was backing up but atleast he could've said something to his corner
I wasn't defending his performance, I was just talking about the politics.

That said, fighting injured can lead to some ugly-looking performances.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM #6
The Don

Do you think they should've kept him?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

I'm not saying they should've kept him, but what he's saying is that he resigned and that Dana White then made it appear as if the UFC had cut him. What probably happened is he saw the writing on the wall and knew he was gonna get dumped and so he asked to disolve his contract. Dana White is a ***** for his slander attacks.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:33 PM #8
The Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by baserocks View Post
I'm not saying they should've kept him, but what he's saying is that he resigned and that Dana White then made it appear as if the UFC had cut him. What probably happened is he saw the writing on the wall and knew he was gonna get dumped and so he asked to disolve his contract. Dana White is a ***** for his slander attacks.
I'm not arguing that, Dana can be that way. He doesn't know how to handle problem well and that can lead to many conflicts to arise. Look at Silvia, Couture and almost Ortiz but after his fight with Machida he is gone
Old 04-22-2008, 07:55 PM #9
I Love Froch

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,570,766,002.25
Total Points: 85,171,950,600.96
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 

I think that the main reason he doens't allow Silva to box against Jones is because Silva's gonna make way more in a boxing much not promoted by Dana. So how would Dana justify paying Silva 200 k in his next MMA fight.
I still can't believe that Josh Kosheck made 8 thousand against GSP. Anybody knows if he's still under contract with UFC?

At first I liked Dana but in the past year and a half he's been absolute scumbag.
pesticid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticid View Post
I think that the main reason he doens't allow Silva to box against Jones is because Silva's gonna make way more in a boxing much not promoted by Dana. So how would Dana justify paying Silva 200 k in his next MMA fight.
I still can't believe that Josh Kosheck made 8 thousand against GSP. Anybody knows if he's still under contract with UFC?

At first I liked Dana but in the past year and a half he's been absolute scumbag.
The UFC is gonna go under if it doesn't change, its simply a matter of time. They won't have any good fighters left.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List