Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 04-18-2008, 03:37 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,930,204,076,221,952.00
Total Points: 679,930,204,076,423,808.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default Anderson Silva still wants Roy Jones

From the main page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
It appears that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is not ready to walk away. He still wants a boxing match with former four-division champion Roy Jones Jr. Several weeks ago, Silva called out Jones to a boxing match. Jones quickly accepted, but UFC president Dana White was only willing to let them fight under mixed-martial-arts rules, which Jones is not willing to do.

In a recent interview with MMA website Sherdog, Silva said he was confident that a fight with Jones would come together for 2009.

"I'm still confident this fight will happen," Silva said. "This can be this year or in 2009. I respect Dana White, the UFC owners and their point of view, but my vision is that I want this boxing match."

Silva said the fight "has to happen" and appears to want it badly. He feels the fight will be good for MMA and boxing, and seems to be a bit taken back that White will not allow the fight to come through.

"I have a contract with UFC; I respect them, I respect Dana White and I don't have anything to complain about the promotion -- they always treated me nicely," said Silva. "But this is my huge personal wish, a pro boxing fight against Roy Jones, who I consider the top boxer. I'm his fan as well. I'd like this fight to happen and I'll do everything possible to make it happen. Roy Jones stated his will to fight as well. He has an exceptional character, and we want this fight. This would be good for both sports - MMA and boxing. This would be historical! This has to happen! I can't believe that the people responsible to make it happen don't see that. They can't let the fans be without this match, which can mark the story of the fight sport."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]
[details
Virgil Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-18-2008, 03:48 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

I think this fight's bound to happen. No doubt, Silva stands to make a lot more money in this fight than he does in any MMA. I think by saying this fight can happen in '09, Silva's probably alluding to a contract resigning to occur by then. If it comes to that, no doubt he'll dump the UFC contract and get in the ring, as he'll stand to make many more millions. Even if he had to dump the UFC, he'd still have considerable earning power (especially in the wake or the Jones fight, provided he doesn't get blown out in the first round) so he'd be potentially even bigger money in the MMA game.

Bottom line is MMA fighters don't make nearly as much per fight as boxers do. This is Silva's fasttrack to the big leagues.

On a side note, I'm ****ing sick of Dana White and the UFC and all their political bull****. I'm looking forward to their demise through mismanagement.

Last edited by Virgil Caine; 04-18-2008 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
mrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 951,275,493,007,700,992.00
Total Points: 951,276,493,128,064,000.00
great poster - Melly-Mel Thanks for posting the Rd by Rds for the fights I don't get to see and supplying heaps of great info. - danc1984 funny shit! - Tom Flores thanks for posting on the thread - robson24 Consistently funny poster. Thumbs up. - ddangerous 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baserocks View Post
I think this fight's bound to happen. No doubt, Silva stands to make a lot more money in this fight than he does in any MMA. I think by saying this fight can happen in '09, Silva's probably alluding to a contract resigning to occur by then. If it comes to that, no doubt he'll dump the UFC contract and get in the ring, as he'll stand to make many more millions. Even if he had to dump the UFC, he'd still have considerable earning power (especially in the wake or the Jones fight, provided he doesn't get blown out in the first round) so he'd be potentially even bigger money in the MMA game.

Bottom line is MMA fighters don't make nearly as much per fight as boxers do. This is Silva's fasttrack to the big leagues.

On a side note, I'm ****ing sick of Dana White and the UFC and all their political bull****. I'm looking forward to their demise through mismanagement.
Great post man!!!!!

Glad to see the real MMA fans who know how **** really goes down and ain't sheep feeding into every stupid ****ing thing that comes out of that bald turds mouth.
mrpain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 AM #4
SAN D13GO VILLAIN

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
SAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond reputeSAN D13GO VILLAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,106,144.25

Someone remind me which one is Anderson Silva? Theirs so many Silvas and Silvias that I get them confused, Is Anderson Silva the one that beat the **** out or Franklin? (Twice)
SAN D13GO VILLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 546,629,353.67
Total Points: 555,555,254.86

Yeah, thats him
Sage84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 PM #6
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,995,626,161,826,217.00
Total Points: 5,995,629,863,047,852.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

I still think they should fight in a kickboxing match, no knees. Fairest way to go. I think Jones will own Silva in boxing. Maybe work somthing out where they have 3 fights, 1 in Boxing, 1 in MMA, and 1 kickboxing. I dunno, but Dana will never go for this.....
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 PM #7
Head Mexican in Charge

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,917,505,384,411,405.00
Total Points: 6,917,505,384,702,209.00
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson here's yours brotha :kiss: all out of love - -jose- Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury Moronic Cunt!!! - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps View Post
I still think they should fight in a kickboxing match, no knees. Fairest way to go. I think Jones will own Silva in boxing. Maybe work somthing out where they have 3 fights, 1 in Boxing, 1 in MMA, and 1 kickboxing. I dunno, but Dana will never go for this.....
No they should box because it's Silvas big mouth thats running not Jones. Jones never said he wanted to fight Silva, it's the other way around.

Silva thinks he's a bad ass, let him get in the ring with a real boxer.
Cuauhtémoc1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 PM #8
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,995,626,161,826,217.00
Total Points: 5,995,629,863,047,852.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
No they should box because it's Silvas big mouth thats running not Jones. Jones never said he wanted to fight Silva, it's the other way around.

I was just suggesting a way to get Dana to go for it. And Silva is hardly running his mouth, I think he mentions how much he respects Jones, like 12 times in every interview...
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

It's a business transaction.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List