Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
n4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,487.56
Default brasil nuts

I have read a few times that eating a handful of nuts before training can help give you some fuel to keep you going. well on friday before I left work I was hungry so I ate about 2 handfull of brasil nuts. As I was walking out the door one of my co-workers told me that they can make you sick. I guess he seen it on some show.

We'll I got home and started to get ready to head out to the gym and I felt completly exhausted. My stomach was hurting and everything. I went anyway cause I was supposed to spar and I had the worst sparring of my life. I was slow and couldnt focus. I think I actually did better my first time ever in the ring. I got dropped with a humbling body shot and everything.

Has anybody heard of this before? or had any experiances like this?
n4kapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 PM #2
Interim Champion

Unanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 147,375.16
Total Points: 194,544.80

I think it would be a bit unfair to blame the nuts. I can't imagine their effect would be that dramatic.
Unanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:35 PM #3
Contender

Stimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to allStimpy is a name known to all
Bank: 14,133.96
Total Points: 30,357.49
Send a message via AIM to Stimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4kapa View Post
I have read a few times that eating a handful of nuts before training can help give you some fuel to keep you going. well on friday before I left work I was hungry so I ate about 2 handfull of brasil nuts. As I was walking out the door one of my co-workers told me that they can make you sick. I guess he seen it on some show.

We'll I got home and started to get ready to head out to the gym and I felt completly exhausted. My stomach was hurting and everything. I went anyway cause I was supposed to spar and I had the worst sparring of my life. I was slow and couldnt focus. I think I actually did better my first time ever in the ring. I got dropped with a humbling body shot and everything.

Has anybody heard of this before? or had any experiances like this?

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi...razil_nuts.php

Could be that you're allergic?
Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:13 AM #4
Up and Comer

n4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond reputen4kapa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,487.56

I also read this on ****pedia... "Brazil nuts contain small amounts of radium, a radioactive material"
n4kapa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List