Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-10-2008, 02:13 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,574.39
Arrow My calves have become unbearable..

i jog about a mile or 2 uphill every day.
it took me a while to be able to do the whole thing without stopping, but i've gotten to the point where i can do it.
the thing is tho, after jogging my calves become inflamed.. i find myself collapsing afterwards and barely being able to walk.
i kno, "no pain, no gain", but my calves are the only parts of my body that are that painful after i run.
i have thick muscular calves so i dunno if that's part of the problem, but the pain is unbearable at times.
should i stop running every day for a while or what?
i usually ice down my calves right after i'm done, but only for about 20mins.

it's hard for me not to run.. even if i'm in pain i want to run so bad.. it's a release.
_Macho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-10-2008, 02:54 PM #2

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
msagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,629,814,287,302.69
Total Points: 123,629,829,897,789.09
Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! The Idiots Guide to PWNing Voulme 2 - How to PWN in 5 easy steps - ??? Two girls one cup! - Jamboboy You asked for it. I paid for it. - BatTheMan Thanks my man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Here's another gift. Hope you're hungry. - ??? here ya go son - TheDemdzasGhost 18, that means your old enough to go to the titty bar man. So you'll need this. Happy birthday bud. - K-Nan Happy birf day, bud. - sweet pea 50 Have your first Whisker chaser on me. Happy 18th B-Day. - Chunk 
Hapy Birthday Punk - jarulejt A beer on your B-day, congrats. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Hard Dick Here you go - ??? We Fresh! - Dorian 
Happy birthday! - J. HITTER a gift for someone special - Golden Boy 360 cornwall pwns england - Left Hook Tua random - Little Mac gift thread - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - msagrain Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - msagrain Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - msagrain AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - msagrain Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - msagrain 
Childhood Cancer - msagrain Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - msagrain Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - msagrain Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - msagrain Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - msagrain 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

it sounds like lactic acid, if you keep doing it, it will go away.
msagrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM #3
Contender

JF91 is a jewel in the roughJF91 is a jewel in the roughJF91 is a jewel in the roughJF91 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 40,050.84

Do you run on your tip toes?... I used to have a calf problem because I was a sprinter and all the running I did was on the ball of the foot which got me used to doing longer distance runs without putting my heels down alot and it all lead to burning in my calfs, sounds alot like what you have.
JF91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM #4
Up and Comer

_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute_Macho has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF91 View Post
Do you run on your tip toes?... I used to have a calf problem because I was a sprinter and all the running I did was on the ball of the foot which got me used to doing longer distance runs without putting my heels down alot and it all lead to burning in my calfs, sounds alot like what you have.
yea i find myself running on my tiptoes a lot.. i try to catch myself and run flatter, but it's just instinctual.
next time i'll make a point of running flatter.. i was doing some research and that might be the problem.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM #5
P4P Champion

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
sterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,894,592.90
cuz I like you even though you don't like Nate ;) - Massage Queen Enjoy - Scott.Weiland 
Send a message via MSN to sterling Send a message via Yahoo to sterling

lol u wuss do u not normally run then? if u cant deal with the pain then dont play the game lol.
I normally run 6 miles and i got up 6 hills 1 hill being 1 mile long and im use to it so i dont find it hard i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.. so that ur whole leg gets a work out instead of one part and it can give some of ur muscles a break by using different techiques.
Or u cud always jus not run like juan diaz and jus swim lol
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM #6
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling View Post
lol u wuss do u not normally run then? if u cant deal with the pain then dont play the game lol.
I normally run 6 miles and i got up 6 hills 1 hill being 1 mile long and im use to it so i dont find it hard i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.. so that ur whole leg gets a work out instead of one part and it can give some of ur muscles a break by using different techiques.
Or u cud always jus not run like juan diaz and jus swim lol
LOL na i just started running last year.. about Nov 2007
i can take the pain but it's only my calves that hurt.. and it just started to get real bad, so i thought i was doing something wrong
thanks for the advice tho i'll be on your level in due time
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 92,368.81

you stretch a lot before you run?

my trainer has been making me run anywhere between 3 - 6 miles before working out the past 2 months. it's not bad on a track, but i went to my parents house for a week. wow. running hills is a totally different kind of work out.
rj_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 AM #8
P4P Champion

sterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond reputesterling has a reputation beyond repute
cuz I like you even though you don't like Nate ;) - Massage Queen Enjoy - Scott.Weiland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Macho View Post
LOL na i just started running last year.. about Nov 2007
i can take the pain but it's only my calves that hurt.. and it just started to get real bad, so i thought i was doing something wrong
thanks for the advice tho i'll be on your level in due time
stretch before u run and eat properly then u wont get as hurt.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:04 AM #9
P4P Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_ct View Post
you stretch a lot before you run?

my trainer has been making me run anywhere between 3 - 6 miles before working out the past 2 months. it's not bad on a track, but i went to my parents house for a week. wow. running hills is a totally different kind of work out.
yeh its the best work out for running i also do sprints at the same time when im doing my run.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 AM #10
Interim Champion

Unanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 147,375.16
Total Points: 195,181.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling View Post
i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.
Lol! That must be some sight!
Unanimous is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List