Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,840.18
Total Points: 274,729.33
for posting in my 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A 
Default Severe Chest Pains

When i was training yesterday i started to get a pain in my back. Knowing that continuing to train can worsen this i stopped and went a took a hot shower. It got progressively worse through the day and moved round to my neck and my chest.

This morning when i woke up i had trouble moving normally due to a severe pain in my chest on the left side. It has made it hard to breathe in fully meaning im constantly short of breathe atm and its also hard to do much with my left arm cause thats the side the pain is on. Pulling on my handbrake and steering with my left arm was virtually impossible this morning and even turning my head to the left to look out the window was extremely painful.

Any ideas on what ive done or how i can fix this problem? Is this a "leave it to rest for a few days" or a "go to the doctors" job?
Chris46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 AM #2
Contender

DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,967,712.84
Total Points: 1,996,643.06

I am no expert and there are others here who could give a better answer than me.
However it sounds like you have pulled or pinched a muscle in the shoulder maybe shoulder blade. Rest it maybe even a massage.
But if it is not good in a couple of days see a doctor, don't take the risk.

DMC
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 AM #3
Interim Champion

nedcmk1 is a jewel in the roughnedcmk1 is a jewel in the roughnedcmk1 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,521.57

I would say.....

GO TO THE F*CKING DR IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
nedcmk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

danny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond reputedanny stash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 323,330.99
Total Points: 465,352.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedcmk1 View Post
I would say.....

GO TO THE F*CKING DR IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
yessssssssssssssssss
danny stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM #5
Contender

podxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to allpodxvost is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,233.78

I had the same thing happen to me from weight lifting. First it hurt like hell behind my shoulder blade, then the pain spread right through my back towards my chest, i thought my heart was going to give out or something, i couldnt breathe or move really well either.
I dont remember what i did to heal it, but i did not go to the doctor (Only because i didnt have insurance) It stoped hurting in couple days, so i think it was like a pinched musle or a nerve.
podxvost is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List