Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 01-10-2008, 11:05 AM #1
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,134,969.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default Back Pain

recently ive been working on my defence a lot more & whilst sparring with my Bro ive been letting him lead & then trying to evade the punches by leaning & Bending to the side etc from the waist aswell as my knees ,however i got up this morning & my lower back is in agony

is thier anything i can do short term to make the pain ease off as i am due to go to the Gym Tomorrow ive already put of my running for tonight cause of it ,everytime i straighten my back up it hurts

any ideas
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-10-2008, 06:13 PM #2
el judio loco

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408.01
Total Points: 28,760.42

I got a real ****ty lower back. Stretch before and after training and ice it as much as possible, that's all you can really do about it.

a really good lower back stretch is when you lie on your back and bring one leg up and over across your body while keeping both shoulders touching the ground. then switch.

hope that helps
yidish pugilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:13 PM #3
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDutchDynamite has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,576.92
Total Points: 29,730.92

suggest you will not go to the gym (if you mean boxing gym by gym?) tomorrow. You better rest because with every move in boxing you will use your back.

You need to strengthen your core.

I assume you do plenty of ab exercises already but for the
back exercises do like deads, rows etc.
At the same time, you need to work on your legs with squats and lunges because as they say in bodybuilding have strong legs and your upperbody will follow. Have strong legs and your core will be strong too.

I started to apply strength training with my boxing 2 years ago and it has solved my back problem for good.

good luck!
DutchDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List