This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Even though I'm sure this is an alt acting like a troll I'll respond to this nitwit even though it's really beneath any serious poster to give him the time of day.

There's a reason I have a cesspool called "The Ignore Bin": It's because of ignorant, moronic, short-bus riding ******s who my posts like this. SO! Into the bin this mongeloid goes.

Poet
    That made me laugh, especially the short bus riding ****** bit.

Like you said it's probably an ALT, and anyone with any knowledge of boxing knows Joe Louis is one of the few old timers who could have mixed it with the best of any era.

Marciano is an underated boxer, had good ability and was a wiley old fox.

Comment

• 1 Ali
      2 Holmes
      3 Louis

4 Holyfield
      5 Tyson
      6 Lewis
      7 Foreman
      8 Frazier
      9 Marciano
      10 Dempsey

Comment

• Thats a pretty Good List kilrain, got most of the people i have in mine. Thanks for Sharing

Comment

• Bump....... I miss my favourite thread

Comment

• in no order

Louis
            Ali
            Jeffries
            Marciano
            Dempsey
            Tunney
            Johnson
            Lewis
            Holmes
            Foreman

Comment

• I really cant see Jeffries in any 10 ten heavyweight list.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                I really cant see Jeffries in any 10 ten heavyweight list.
                why not

Tracy Collins(somthing like that) I think it is at Cyber boxing zone ranks him #1

Comment

• Originally posted by marciano1952 View Post
                  why not

Tracy Collins(somthing like that) I think it is at Cyber boxing zone ranks him #1
                  Honestly I don't think Jeffries had enough fights to fairly judge him one way or another. Jeffries greatest assests were his great strength, chin, and the ability to absorb punishment. The knock on him is that his technique was clumsy and he was slow: His two fights with Corbett showed he could be easily outboxed by a slick stylist.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by marciano1952 View Post
                    why not

I disagree with Tracy Collins aswell then. How could someone with a total of 21 fights!. The best opponent he came up against was Jack Johnson and he lost convincingly. Fitzsimmons was a good fighter but not at his best at the time of their fight and he was beaten by alot of "nobody" fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                      I disagree with Tracy Collins aswell then. How could someone with a total of 21 fights!. The best opponent he came up against was Jack Johnson and he lost convincingly. Fitzsimmons was a good fighter but not at his best at the time of their fight and he was beaten by alot of "nobody" fighters.
                      In defense of Fitzsimmons, he was a Middleweight who at that point in his career was fighting Heavyweights and in fact was Heavyweight champion. At the time he fought Jeffries he was past his prime and still weighed in as a Middleweight; despite this he kicked the s*** out Jeffries in both fights but was outlasted both times. Fitzsimmons was described immediately after those fights as being hardly marked while Jeffries was said to have looked like he lost a fight with a buzz saw. It was also a testiment to Jeffries toughness that he absorbed all that damage and STILL survived to eventually win the fight.

In fairness to Jeffries when he fought Johnson he'd been retired for several years, was basically an old man, and was extremely overweight. Prime on prime a Johnson - Jeffries matchup is intiguing; historically, given the above, the match was a foregone conclusion.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X