Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond reputeJim_Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,227.44
Total Points: 261,831.02
Default Did anybody else get annoyed?

By the lack of news on Diego Corrales' death in the British newspapers? I was reading a story about Hatton and Rooney when at the bottom it had a tiny block of text about Diego. I'm aware that he isnt the best known sportsman in the UK but they should have at least hsowed a little more respect to a boxing great.
Jim_Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM #2
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,432,330,289,958.56
Total Points: 1,002,462,360,488,240.00
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz-Fan View Post
By the lack of news on Diego Corrales' death in the British newspapers? I was reading a story about Hatton and Rooney when at the bottom it had a tiny block of text about Diego. I'm aware that he isnt the best known sportsman in the UK but they should have at least hsowed a little more respect to a boxing great.
I read a tiny bit in yesterdays Daily Star saying how Hatton was "shocked and upset" over his death and that he was going to dedicate the Castillo fight to him. Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.
Tuggers1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

me2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond reputeme2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 51,943.17

I agree... however 99% of people who read newspapers wouldn`t have heard of him.
me2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM #4
Hattonites Unite!!!

Onslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,015,257.76
Total Points: 12,094,823.90
Top Limey - Welter_Skelter Serb Killer - travi$ A true pwnage master. - P4PKING_2008 9000 Posts and 9000 Beers! - BostonGuy fat cunt - azza 
haha, here you go...for the man with authority - TarverFan1989 We Fresh! - Dorian sit on this and have fun mickybitc h - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - project xxx1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
I read a tiny bit in yesterdays Daily Star saying how Hatton was "shocked and upset" over his death and that he was going to dedicate the Castillo fight to him. Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.
I read on a website that he had met Chico once or twice whilst in America. Besides, he has every right to dedicate his fight to Chico - he was hardly going to say "sorry, i don't want my fight to be dedicated to Chico, cos i didn't know him too good."

Im sure Castillo will dedicate the fight also, but it doesn't mean that his fellow sportsman Hatton can't show his respects - and if it sounded cheeky or arrogant or like he was stepping on Castillo's toes... then i'm sure its not intentional. Ricky Hatton after all is a nice fella, at the end of the day.
Onslow. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 PM #5
Secularist fo life!

The Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,686,869,847.63
Total Points: 15,689,069,279.34
I'm going to insert a rather large organ inside you. These grapes are for the hospital afterwards. - OASIS_LAD 2k posts - Fuk Murray - Dan... 

Quote:
I didn't see anything wrong with what Hatton said. Corrales was the Tszyu fight so im sure they would have had a chat then. Hatton's always been a huge Corrales fan and was imo was being sincere about being "shocked and upset".
The Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM #6
Yo Momma Loves Gravy

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond reputeTuggers1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,432,330,289,958.56
Total Points: 1,002,462,360,488,240.00
Cheers to MF'in Talespin - lvballer42 here u go - MILE KITIC SuperTuggers! - T-97 STOP CRYING! - Vegeta SEPTIMUS! - mgkirkpatrick 
Thanks, Tug! You're a good dude. - Bendigo Great links - WelshDevilRob Congrats! - Mickey Gomez Nice sunny day, perfect for an ice cold beer - dan_cov No Message - TBear 
No problem man! - TBear Grandad of Boxing Scene - Money_May enjoy! - jose830 Cookie Of Death - BOLLOCKS have some junk food - Earl Hickey 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... blue parallelogram - lebrick 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - dan_cov Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 

Yeah, i didn't mean what i said to sound bad. I just mean if anybody should be dedicating the fight to Corrales it should be Castillo.
Tuggers1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:30 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

skyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,487,410.91
Total Points: 1,507,794.68
Enjoy one of these while watching Kat - Salty 

We also got the wayne rooney news in the paper in Australia also some news on evander holyfield but nothing about Diego, im dissapointed.
skyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 AM #8
Hattonites Unite!!!

Onslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond reputeOnslow. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,015,257.76
Total Points: 12,094,823.90
Top Limey - Welter_Skelter Serb Killer - travi$ A true pwnage master. - P4PKING_2008 9000 Posts and 9000 Beers! - BostonGuy fat cunt - azza 
haha, here you go...for the man with authority - TarverFan1989 We Fresh! - Dorian sit on this and have fun mickybitc h - project xxx1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - project xxx1 

Quote:
Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.
Yea, i knew i'd seen it somewhere on the internet.. he had met him a couple of times he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6636001.stm
Onslow. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 PM #9
Sheriff

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
starjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088,774,908,787,598.38
Total Points: 1,088,781,145,084,529.50
happy st pattys.. - Howlin' Wolf S - S a m u r a i T - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i R - S a m u r a i 
J - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i E - S a m u r a i 
R - S a m u r a i Let's get the collection completed! - S a m u r a i &amp;quot;........&amp;quot; - S a m u r a i Another. - S a m u r a i Last one. - S a m u r a i 
merry xmas - Subtraction All good students bring an apple for their teacher :D (worth some extra credit, yeah?) - *Boss Lady* Ridding the Internet of one  illiterate cunt at a time! - *Boss Lady* Boxing Scene's bestest English teacher EVER! x - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab 
Hepatitis C - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i 

Yeah there's a video on Youtube called 'Diego Corrales R.I.P' by Frank Warrens team, and it's Diego being interviewed. In the background, Hatton is training for the Tsyzu fight.

So yeah, they have met, for clarification.lol
starjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:50 PM #10
Sheriff

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
starjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088,774,908,787,598.38
Total Points: 1,088,781,145,084,529.50
happy st pattys.. - Howlin' Wolf S - S a m u r a i T - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i R - S a m u r a i 
J - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i E - S a m u r a i 
R - S a m u r a i Let's get the collection completed! - S a m u r a i &amp;quot;........&amp;quot; - S a m u r a i Another. - S a m u r a i Last one. - S a m u r a i 
merry xmas - Subtraction All good students bring an apple for their teacher :D (worth some extra credit, yeah?) - *Boss Lady* Ridding the Internet of one  illiterate cunt at a time! - *Boss Lady* Boxing Scene's bestest English teacher EVER! x - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab 
Hepatitis C - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01XQJVY0jNY
starjammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List