Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
rooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 858,964.15
Total Points: 954,145.97
Good job with ROOQ'S BOXING PROMOTER game! - LoadedWraps 
Default Can the July Warren show happen without Joe?

Warren has been going on about Joe’s next fight taking place in July (when no big names are available). I’m assuming this is because they have a HBO slot or he’s already booked the Millenium Dome (02 venue).

If Joe could wait another couple of months both Taylor and Kessler would be available and we’d have a proper fight on our hands. But if Warren is already committed to a show at the 02 in July, can he pull it off without Joe? I think he can if he’s creative with his matchmaking and takes a few risks….

Maccarinelli Vs Bell – O’Neil Bell is ranked 12th by the WBO (a bit low but whatever) and would provide the first real test for Macca. I think Macca would get a lot of respect if he beat the iron-chinned Bell and I reckon he is very much capable of it. Macca is pretty good at battering shorter boxers and I don’t think a stoppage is unrealistic. Plus of course any fight O’Neil Bell is involved in is usually exciting to watch. Macca should bring a few thousand fans over from Wales

Nicky Cook Vs Luevano – Cook is the local lad who thoroughly deserves a shot at the title and Luevano is a good opponent. HBO were interested in showing this on the undercard of Cotto-Judah, and I believe this is still being negotiated, but if Warren wins the purse bid he could stage the fight in London where Cookie is bound to attract a big local crowd.

Alex Arthur Vs Gogaladze – If Guzman beats Katsidis to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title, Warren is trying to put on Arthur – Gogaladze for the vacant title. I don’t know nothing about Gogaladze, and I’m sure Scots would want to see this fight in Scotland. But then again, Warren probably doesn’t give a **** about the scottish fans so could stage this fight in London to guarantee another 3000 or so seats sold to Arthur fans making their way south.

Kevin / Vinny Mitchell Vs Anyone – Local favourite bros, should sell a thousand or so tickets alone

Amir Khan Vs Anyone – The Khan fanclub will certainly turn up thousands strong

Could the above lineup sell out the 22000 capacity venue and get HBO coverage, or does Warren need Joe?
rooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 PM #2
Forest till i die!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
adietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond reputeadietheforestfa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,144,504.27
Froch!!! - Welter_Skelter Cheers to Froch. Hope to get a real beer with you in Copenhagen some time. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq View Post
Warren has been going on about Joe’s next fight taking place in July (when no big names are available). I’m assuming this is because they have a HBO slot or he’s already booked the Millenium Dome (02 venue).

If Joe could wait another couple of months both Taylor and Kessler would be available and we’d have a proper fight on our hands. But if Warren is already committed to a show at the 02 in July, can he pull it off without Joe? I think he can if he’s creative with his matchmaking and takes a few risks….

Maccarinelli Vs Bell – O’Neil Bell is ranked 12th by the WBO (a bit low but whatever) and would provide the first real test for Macca. I think Macca would get a lot of respect if he beat the iron-chinned Bell and I reckon he is very much capable of it. Macca is pretty good at battering shorter boxers and I don’t think a stoppage is unrealistic. Plus of course any fight O’Neil Bell is involved in is usually exciting to watch. Macca should bring a few thousand fans over from Wales

Nicky Cook Vs Luevano – Cook is the local lad who thoroughly deserves a shot at the title and Luevano is a good opponent. HBO were interested in showing this on the undercard of Cotto-Judah, and I believe this is still being negotiated, but if Warren wins the purse bid he could stage the fight in London where Cookie is bound to attract a big local crowd.

Alex Arthur Vs Gogaladze – If Guzman beats Katsidis to vacate his WBO superfeatherweight title, Warren is trying to put on Arthur – Gogaladze for the vacant title. I don’t know nothing about Gogaladze, and I’m sure Scots would want to see this fight in Scotland. But then again, Warren probably doesn’t give a **** about the scottish fans so could stage this fight in London to guarantee another 3000 or so seats sold to Arthur fans making their way south.

Kevin / Vinny Mitchell Vs Anyone – Local favourite bros, should sell a thousand or so tickets alone

Could the above lineup sell out the 22000 capacity venue and get HBO coverage, or does Warren need Joe?
I think he could sell out with Khan vs Murray theres 15000 tickets sold
Plus a decent fight for Mitchell sold out.
adietheforestfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:55 PM #3
Banned

Chris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,840.18
Total Points: 272,917.33
for posting in my 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A 

Lets be honest, Joe will probably be fighting but it'll be someone ****, Khan sells out every venue!
Chris46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 AM #4
Secularist fo life!

The Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond reputeThe Monk has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,686,869,847.63
Total Points: 15,689,071,402.34
I'm going to insert a rather large organ inside you. These grapes are for the hospital afterwards. - OASIS_LAD 2k posts - Fuk Murray - Dan... 

If Frank could put on a bill like that it would do no harm. Its time for him to start taking risks with his fighters and none of those fights for world titles would be easy for his fighters. I would be pretty sure with the fighters on that bill that he would sell out but I cant see Warren doing it im afraid.
The Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 AM #5
Banned

duffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond reputeduffgun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,706.89
Total Points: 277,157.25
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 

Warren needs to put on a good card if he has got any chance of keeping his itv contract, i think thats why he is trying for a july date.
duffgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:01 AM #6
Banned

Chris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,840.18
Total Points: 272,917.33
for posting in my 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A 

I really really want to see what that girl in your sig looks like wit her top off duffgun!!
Chris46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM #7

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
msagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,852,031,681,286.12
Total Points: 144,852,047,330,222.28
Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! The Idiots Guide to PWNing Voulme 2 - How to PWN in 5 easy steps - ??? Two girls one cup! - Jamboboy You asked for it. I paid for it. - BatTheMan Thanks my man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Here's another gift. Hope you're hungry. - ??? here ya go son - TheDemdzasGhost 18, that means your old enough to go to the titty bar man. So you'll need this. Happy birthday bud. - K-Nan Happy birf day, bud. - sweet pea 50 Have your first Whisker chaser on me. Happy 18th B-Day. - Chunk 
Hapy Birthday Punk - jarulejt A beer on your B-day, congrats. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Hard Dick Here you go - ??? We Fresh! - Dorian 
Happy birthday! - J. HITTER a gift for someone special - Golden Boy 360 cornwall pwns england - Left Hook Tua random - Little Mac gift thread - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - msagrain Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - msagrain Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - msagrain AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - msagrain Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - msagrain 
Childhood Cancer - msagrain Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - msagrain Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - msagrain Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - msagrain Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - msagrain 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

warrens got sum good fighters tho
msagrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
rooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond reputerooq has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 858,964.15
Total Points: 954,145.97
Good job with ROOQ'S BOXING PROMOTER game! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq View Post

glad you're listening to me frank. now make the rest happen, you know i'm right!
rooq is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List