Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 03-30-2007, 06:13 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,967,712.84
Total Points: 1,992,381.06
Default Working out with sore muscles

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the training stuff.

I went to the gym not last night but the night before, I was going to go today but I am still a little sore in a few muscles.
Should I still go or wait till my muscles are not sore anymore.
I would like to go but I don't want to do my muscles damage.

DMC
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-30-2007, 06:18 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

juggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 205,797.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the training stuff.

I went to the gym not last night but the night before, I was going to go today but I am still a little sore in a few muscles.
Should I still go or wait till my muscles are not sore anymore.
I would like to go but I don't want to do my muscles damage.

DMC
i went to the gym when i was sore. if you can halfway throw a punch and if you can jog, you can go to the gym. the only time i didn't go was when i could barely walk lol. that was after the first day. once you get there, you won't even notice the soreness anymore until you are done.
juggernautburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:24 PM #3
Contender

DMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond reputeDMC has a reputation beyond repute

ok cool,

I was just worried I would be doing myself damage.
doing it over time do you get less sore?

DMC
Old 03-30-2007, 06:36 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

juggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond reputejuggernautburn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 205,797.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
ok cool,

I was just worried I would be doing myself damage.
doing it over time do you get less sore?

DMC
oh yeah, when i first went i was a mess the next day, after i went a few days ago though, the next day i was feeling great and not sore at all. so based upon that, i think soreness does go away, and relatively quickly too.
juggernautburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:00 PM #5
Banned

Chris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond reputeChris46 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,840.18
Total Points: 263,810.33
for posting in my 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A 

You should go, you'll feel wonderful afterwards.
Chris46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 PM #6
Amateur

dabearso6 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 1,599.74

most of the time sore muscles doesnt even mean that your muscles havent recovered yet, it just means that there is still lactic acid in there, so its ok to workout, maybe not lift weights but workout yea, and drink lots of water and vita c to flush out that lactic acid
dabearso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM #7
Contender

ok, thanks for the info Guy's
I went and I do feel really good.

DMC
Old 03-31-2007, 01:41 AM #8
Contender

dario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond reputedario has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,389.93

When you work out, you tear muscle fibers. Them being sore is bascially like a wound hurting and needing food to heal it and make it stronger so it can keep up with what you just trained and some more. If you interupt the healing process and tear it again, then it just goes down hill. Imagine having a cut. It sorta starts to heal the next day, but you get another cut on the same place. Now it's just going to be worse and take longer to heal and not heal up as good as it should have. Avoid working out sore muscles, and give them the proper amount of time for rest. Try working out on other muscles, or just taking a day off to rest. Eventually your soreness will decrease to the point where you'll hardly ever be sore. GL bro on whatever your doing.
dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:52 AM #9
MasterMind

Undefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond reputeUndefeated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,029,495,163.66
Total Points: 3,039,489,941.56
Happy 21st Birthday! - Vegeta happy Birthday - TBear Happy Birthday! - jjbj2 
Send a message via AIM to Undefeated

I had that issue.. Its all good now. It's just my wrist. That **** feels sore. I can't even throw a left hook, without that **** hurting me. So i was fighting southpaw today, throwing alot of jabs and right hooks and uppercuts. ****ing wrist ****ed everything up. I felt good afterwards though.
Undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:57 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

skyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,487,410.91
Total Points: 1,507,820.68
Enjoy one of these while watching Kat - Salty 

I usually take a few days rest, iv actually strained both my biceps muscles a few days ago, and cant even straighten both my arms which sucks but im going to resume training as of today, after just 2 days rest if i take anymore time off i usually find it hard to get back into routine and have to do less.
skyler is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List