Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 11:19 AM #1
Manfredo Jr Manfredo Jr is offline
Time to shine
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
Posts: 6,010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Manfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 263,239.88
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 263,239.92
Default Can someone help me with a routine plz?

ive got the Championships on Saturday so ive taken the week of work to rest and train.
im wanting to be eating total decent food this week, i dont want to weight in over weight, and i dont want to eat one drop of un decent food this week.

So can someone , or a few of you (who know what your on about , Kingdosia, Punchdrunk, Leff, Fraidycat etc )

help me with a few things im not sure on.


Sleep, i want to be sleeping 8 hours huh? any less and i wll be tired and any more and i will be lazy?

Training, i think i should go out a few road runs and ease off as the week gets on, im going to training on tuesday night to get a good night of sparring in, and thursday im going to take it nice and easy, and im just gonna go watch on friday and get a good nights sleep for saturday morning.

Food.
i know whats good for you and whats not, to an extent, not as much as some of you guys but id rather have you guys tell me what to eat, but alot of the stuff i have seen mentioned in other threads i dont like.
so im going to post a list of the food i like and someone could maybe write up a timetable for me, telling me what to eat and when.

Foods
Tuna
Chicken
Ham
Cheese
Bananas
Apples
Pears
Oranges
Pasta
Rice
Curry
ham salad or tuna salad on brown rolls
Soup (just about everykind except chicken noddle)
Porradge oats (with semi skimmed milk and water)
Special K
Weetabix
Beans
Lasanya (i know the spelling incorrect lol)
Pasta bake ( Pasta mixed with mince meat and tomato soup, put in the ovan with cheese on the top)
penne pasta
Spaghetti bolonaise
Macaroni cheese
Potatoes
Carrots (boiled)
Brocoli, Coliflour , Cabbage, Turnip
Haggis
(for snacks i usually have )
Fruit, Mostly apples or bananas
Apple and sultana go ahead slices 1.3g fat per slice
Flapjack
Harvest bar
slice of brown toast with penut butter
(drinks)
Fresh orange juice
Fresh apple juice
Fizzy orange lucozade
Flavoured water (volvic touch of fruit)
Diluiting orange juice


Thanks
Sorry about the spelling lol
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Manfredo Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-26-2007, 11:54 AM #2
Manfredo Jr Manfredo Jr is offline
Time to shine
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
Posts: 6,010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Manfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 263,239.88
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 263,239.92
Default

Bump plz .........................
Manfredo Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM #3
potatoes potatoes is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,895
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
potatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond reputepotatoes has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 48,824.93
Bank: 160,091.44
Total Points: 208,916.36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfredo Jr View Post
ive got the Championships on Saturday so ive taken the week of work to rest and train.
im wanting to be eating total decent food this week, i dont want to weight in over weight, and i dont want to eat one drop of un decent food this week.

So can someone , or a few of you (who know what your on about , Kingdosia, Punchdrunk, Leff, Fraidycat etc )

help me with a few things im not sure on.


Sleep, i want to be sleeping 8 hours huh? any less and i wll be tired and any more and i will be lazy?

Training, i think i should go out a few road runs and ease off as the week gets on, im going to training on tuesday night to get a good night of sparring in, and thursday im going to take it nice and easy, and im just gonna go watch on friday and get a good nights sleep for saturday morning.

Food.
i know whats good for you and whats not, to an extent, not as much as some of you guys but id rather have you guys tell me what to eat, but alot of the stuff i have seen mentioned in other threads i dont like.
so im going to post a list of the food i like and someone could maybe write up a timetable for me, telling me what to eat and when.

Foods
Tuna
Chicken
Ham
Cheese
Bananas
Apples
Pears
Oranges
Pasta
Rice
Curry
ham salad or tuna salad on brown rolls
Soup (just about everykind except chicken noddle)
Porradge oats (with semi skimmed milk and water)
Special K
Weetabix
Beans
Lasanya (i know the spelling incorrect lol)
Pasta bake ( Pasta mixed with mince meat and tomato soup, put in the ovan with cheese on the top)
penne pasta
Spaghetti bolonaise
Macaroni cheese
Potatoes
Carrots (boiled)
Brocoli, Coliflour , Cabbage, Turnip
Haggis
(for snacks i usually have )
Fruit, Mostly apples or bananas
Apple and sultana go ahead slices 1.3g fat per slice
Flapjack
Harvest bar
slice of brown toast with penut butter
(drinks)
Fresh orange juice
Fresh apple juice
Fizzy orange lucozade
Flavoured water (volvic touch of fruit)
Diluiting orange juice


Thanks
Sorry about the spelling lol
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.




You are a week away from a championship event and you have to ask questions like this? I am sorry that you are getting such poor quality trianing that you don't know the things you should have learned months ago. It would be rather presumptuous for anybody to give you this sort of advice so close to an event. Pre-event preparation is done on an individiual basis, and there is no possible way for somebody in an internet fourm to know your situation and what you are up against. Sadly you are on your own. I hope things work out well for you.
potatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 PM #4
fraidycat fraidycat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 46
Posts: 2,781
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 197,672.01
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 197,672.01
Default

My recommendation would be to train light, spar light, and eat light. Stretch. Keep the tank full, i.e., eat small amounts throughout the day. No heavy meals. Sleep as much as you need to; sleep the night before the fight is the really critical one. If you're more than a couple days out, a backrub or massage would be good. Don't get a massage the day before or the day of the fight.

What you've listed for food looks pretty good. Except the haggis.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
fraidycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM #5
platinummatt! platinummatt! is offline
30 gallons of it.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 11,320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 63
platinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 780,050.45
Bank: 979,375.49
Total Points: 1,759,425.94
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! To a BS legend.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default

Just so you know man, Its ( I think ) 8 hours of sleep for an adult, 10 for a teenager. ( normally not for boxing but Im guessing will be the same. )
platinummatt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:15 PM #6
fraidycat fraidycat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Age: 46
Posts: 2,781
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
fraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond reputefraidycat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 197,672.01
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 197,672.01
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinummatt! View Post
Just so you know man, Its ( I think ) 8 hours of sleep for an adult, 10 for a teenager. ( normally not for boxing but Im guessing will be the same. )
I sleep 10-12 hours on Saturday night, before my "rest day" on Sunday. Maybe that's for old guys.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
fraidycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:16 PM #7
platinummatt! platinummatt! is offline
30 gallons of it.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 11,320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 63
platinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond reputeplatinummatt! has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 780,050.45
Bank: 979,375.49
Total Points: 1,759,425.94
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! To a BS legend.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Default

I think it depends on the person.
platinummatt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:23 PM #8
leff leff is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: oslo
Age: 30
Posts: 5,576
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 46
leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,093,458.28
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,093,458.28
Send a message via MSN to leff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinummatt! View Post
I think it depends on the person.
ofcourse its depends on the person but in general a teenager needs more sleep than a man in his thirties like fraidy.

7-9hours (try to sleep until you wake by yourself).

most off your foods looks nice, but youst before the match i would stay away from slow digestive foods and foods that well make you keep more waterweight like redmeat,fat,sugar,salt and spice.

i useally eat pasta with chicken the night before and have otahporridege with bannanas for the breakfast the day of the fight.

you can have som tough sparring early this week than ease down to slow jogging and technical and easy sparring.

ohhh and stay away from strength training.
'
the 1-2 days before the bout off ore maybe just some shadowboxing
leff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:08 PM #9
Manfredo Jr Manfredo Jr is offline
Time to shine
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
Posts: 6,010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Manfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 263,239.88
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 263,239.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoes View Post
You are a week away from a championship event and you have to ask questions like this? I am sorry that you are getting such poor quality trianing that you don't know the things you should have learned months ago. It would be rather presumptuous for anybody to give you this sort of advice so close to an event. Pre-event preparation is done on an individiual basis, and there is no possible way for somebody in an internet fourm to know your situation and what you are up against. Sadly you are on your own. I hope things work out well for you.
Poor quality training, im amatuer not pro, our trainers aint gonna tell us what to eat.

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Manfredo Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM #10
Manfredo Jr Manfredo Jr is offline
Time to shine
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Age: 27
Posts: 6,010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Manfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond reputeManfredo Jr has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 263,239.88
Bank: 0.04
Total Points: 263,239.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leff View Post
ofcourse its depends on the person but in general a teenager needs more sleep than a man in his thirties like fraidy.

7-9hours (try to sleep until you wake by yourself).

most off your foods looks nice, but youst before the match i would stay away from slow digestive foods and foods that well make you keep more waterweight like redmeat,fat,sugar,salt and spice.

i useally eat pasta with chicken the night before and have otahporridege with bannanas for the breakfast the day of the fight.

you can have som tough sparring early this week than ease down to slow jogging and technical and easy sparring.

ohhh and stay away from strength training.
'
the 1-2 days before the bout off ore maybe just some shadowboxing
thanks for the advice
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Manfredo Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.