No announcement yet.

After 3 years of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 3 years of boxing

and sparring 3 days a week 4-5 rounds per day, and never taking a rest from boxing in those 3 years, I notice my nose has changed, and my face has changed also i sometimes slur my words WTF, i never used to do this, i have only been boxing 3 years how the hell can i be slurring words, I mean i maybe its all in my head seeing as im the one who notices im doing it? I really dont think i can be already showing signs of being punchy, I do get hit a lot though, only had 11 fights so far. Anyone else who boxed for a bit notice themselves talk weird? Also my trainer told me im gonna be sipping soup through a spoon soon i think he was jokin but his look on his face was serious. I only been doing this 3 years damn.

see a doctor.

sad story

Comment

my nose is slightly punched up but other than Im fine. 7 years boxing this summer and luckily my health is still great. I'd see a doctor if your showing those sort of signs already.

Comment

thats the thing that ****s me up when i think about it i have a very good mouthguard and im noticing my bottom set of my teeth are starting to get messed up and when you listen to pro boxers during interviews they talk very slow depending on who it is the one pro i know that took alot of hits and still talks normal is arturro gatti

Comment

Originally posted by bobweaver View Post
          and sparring 3 days a week 4-5 rounds per day, and never taking a rest from boxing in those 3 years, I notice my nose has changed, and my face has changed also i sometimes slur my words WTF, i never used to do this, i have only been boxing 3 years how the hell can i be slurring words, I mean i maybe its all in my head seeing as im the one who notices im doing it? I really dont think i can be already showing signs of being punchy, I do get hit a lot though, only had 11 fights so far. Anyone else who boxed for a bit notice themselves talk weird? Also my trainer told me im gonna be sipping soup through a spoon soon i think he was jokin but his look on his face was serious. I only been doing this 3 years damn.
          another thing that pisses me off is im only 16 and i dont want to be 25 one day looking back like damn those early years ****ed up my face or teeth or somthing similar to that anyone else have a little fear of a bad outcome of your health after quiting?

Comment

Keep your hands up

Comment

Originally posted by bobweaver View Post
              Quit boxing. If you're having symptoms now, whats it gonna be like in 5 years. If you're not a pro, I would give it up. Health is more important than
              boxing. Even if you are a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by phxboxingfan View Post
                Quit boxing. If you're having symptoms now, whats it gonna be like in 5 years. If you're not a pro, I would give it up. Health is more important than
                boxing. Even if you are a pro.
                its not that easy to give up boxing man you cant just stop its almost impossible

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
                  its not that easy to give up boxing man you cant just stop its almost impossible
                  Its depressing too, I know cause I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
                    Its depressing too, I know cause I did it.
                    why did you quit? and how old where you when you did?

Comment

Working...
                    X